McCarthy Watch 2023 is on!

textaz03

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

Welcome to the DCRA, old friend. @The_Slamman and I have been waiting a long time for you to show up.

Im not using the term we anymore with respect to Dallas.  Enough is enough.  Wait until next years first place schedule.  Reality is going to hit hard when Dallas crashes back to an 8 win reality.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Northland said:

Im not using the term we anymore with respect to Dallas.  Enough is enough.  Wait until next years first place schedule.  Reality is going to hit hard when Dallas crashes back to an 8 win reality.

I like calling them the Dallas Frauds.

While I hope McCarthy is fired because the sole reason for him was to execute in the playoffs, it won’t matter in the long run. Next coach will be handcuffed. I actually don’t believe Kellen would make a good coach at this point, nothing about him during the 2nd half of the season was remotely impressive. 

8 hours ago, BigD88 said:

I mean it was dumb to hire a boomer retread over Lincoln Riley two years ago in the first place.

Yeah, Jerry not breaking out the checkbook to make this move was pretty indicative of what this franchise is these days. Hard to see Riley here anytime soon, if ever, what with USC buying him houses in the hills and paying off his Oklahoma properties above market value, lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matt79511 said:
14 hours ago, BigD88 said:

I mean it was dumb to hire a boomer retread over Lincoln Riley two years ago in the first place.

Yeah, Jerry not breaking out the checkbook to make this move was pretty indicative of what this franchise is these days. Hard to see Riley here anytime soon, if ever, what with USC buying him houses in the hills and paying off his Oklahoma properties above market value, lol.

College coaches have like a 90% bust rate in the NFL. This is an odd one to complain about. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

College coaches have like a 90% bust rate in the NFL. This is an odd one to complain about. 

Is that not roughly the bust rate of all coaches if the goal is to win the title? It’s 100% if we’re specifically talking head coaches winning the SB with two different teams.

Just feels like we had the chance to make a real splash (still do) and they hired the guy who could’ve passed for a fat Jones sibling instead. Pretty sad.