McCarthy Watch 2023 is on!

textaz03

1 minute ago, cromagnum said:

Brian Flores

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

Quinn or Flores for me. 

Just now, Tony7188 said:

I would LOVE for them to hire Flores.

Flores just got fired because he couldnt get along with anyone. He was, allegedly, a huge ahole. Not quite Urban Meyer, but in that same spirit. You might want to rethink that stance. 

4 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I'm not going to argue ine way or the other on that point....however....man it was rough at the beginning of the season I thought. Buit of course got better about a third way thru the season.

Good coaches’ units improve as time goes on. 
Where else can you say that on this team?

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Flores just got fired because he couldnt get along with anyone. He was, allegedly, a huge ahole. Not quite Urban Meyer, but in that same spirit. You might want to rethink that stance. 

mainly because he didnt get along with Tua and wanted a different QB which given Tua's history and mediocre play, I wouldnt want him either.

Just now, CAPJ said:

mainly because he didnt get along with Tua and wanted a different QB which given Tua's history and mediocre play, I wouldnt want him either.

He yelled at him "I should have drafted Mac Jones" during halftime of a game in front of the team. Thats not the type of leader I want. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Newsflash: This team needs a huge a hole at the helm.

Whether Jerry let’s that happen is a completely different story. But that’s what they need.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

He yelled at him "I should have drafted Mac Jones" during halftime of a game in front of the team. Thats not the type of leader I want. 

Oh please. I heard worse during special teams periods at Tuesday practice 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Pretty sure Jimmy used to rip players and cut them to. We need a little bit more fear and discipline. Wonder how we would have done without 14 penalties.

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Sorry...cross posting. Just feel tis is important.

So.....Zeke just told reporters he's been playing all year with a torn PCL.....so .....ummmm....why is/was he playing. All coaching on that one.

If its torn there is no further risk of damage. You can play with it. Hell, you can play with a torn ACL also, but thats much more difficult. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

If its torn there is no further risk of damage. You can play with it. Hell, you can play with a torn ACL also, but thats much more difficult. 

Just because one can doesn't mean one should.

Yea, but clearly he wasn't playing well all year. Had a few splash plays....but Pollard should have had more touches.

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Just because one can doesn't mean one should.

Yea, but clearly he wasn't playing well all year. Had a few splash plays....but Pollard should have had more touches.

The reality is that most people who tear a PCL dont even get it fixed. Zeke will, because he is a professional athlete. But you are 100% accurate that Pollard should have gotten more touches ( or just be our lead back). He has been a better pure runner for 3 years. I fear that the Jones/Garrett obsession with Zeke has infected our OC. 

Edited by Matts4313

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That’s not true he got fired became he and the gm clashed and the owner had the back of the gm. Flores wanted to draft Herbert the gm wanted to draft Tua. Ever since then Flores and the gm clashed. My best friend is a huge dolphin fan hates the Flores firing and follows his team very closely. So ye im gonna trust his opinion on the Miami situation 

1 minute ago, cromagnum said:

That’s not true he got fired became he and the gm clashed and the owner had the back of the gm. Flores wanted to draft Herbert the gm wanted to draft Tua. Ever since then Flores and the gm clashed. My best friend is a huge dolphin fan hates the Flores firing and follows his team very closely. So ye im gonna trust his opinion on the Miami situation 

Thats what I had heard on NFL Network on Sirius/XM earlier in the week.