McCarthy Watch 2023 is on!

textaz03

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I dont get the LOL? Our execution was terrible. Are you saying it wasnt? 

Our execution was awful. But it’s phrased in a way that allows for no further conversation. Just funny to hedge “we have no real idea” - sure. Fine. But I’m not exactly the person to humor your insight today. 

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Our execution was awful. But it’s phrased in a way that allows for no further conversation. Just funny to hedge “we have no real idea” - sure. Fine. But I’m not exactly the person to humor your insight today. 

I didnt make the other comment..... 

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I’m aware. And I responded to the individual who did. You asked for clarity. I provided it. 

Not sure what your looking for here. 

Not looking for anything. You said you didnt want my insight, just thought you maybe thought I was the one who said the original comment. Simply clarifying; which clearly was not needed. My b. 

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Lol. Okay.

I will give you an example. Remember this play:?

https://imgur.com/gallery/cr6C3HS

Some people reamed Switzer for putting Brown one on one against Rice. Others reamed Larry Brown for getting torched. In reality James Washington was supposed to stay in deep coverage to keep Rice from getting into the end zone uncovered. Instead Washington charged the line on a run fake leaving Brown alone against Rice.

• Like 1

Just now, Northland said:

I will be shocked if McCarthy is fired.  That would be an admission that Jerry made the wrong hire.  Will Jerry's ego allow that?  

Why would that shock you? Hes fired every other coach he has hired. A couple of them after just a few years. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why would that shock you? Hes fired every other coach he has hired. A couple of them after just a few years. 

Look how long he kept Garrett.  Now there is a report that JJ's reaction after this latest post season debacle was with this roster you have to do better.  Maybe he's tipping his hand?  I don't care.  I'm now an anti fan.  Sick and tired of the hype. Wake me up when they have a deep playoff run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

As crazy as it sounds right now, I’m ready for a BP type disciplinarian to be our HC.  This team has sucked at committing penalties for so long that it’s second nature to them.  Here the awful truth… I’m ok with going ultra conservative if we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot.  So many fans get way too geeked up about blowing out weaklings… that they don’t realize that it takes more than talent to beat good teams.  

The only coach like that who has an established reputation is Jim Harbaugh, and I highly doubt that Jerry would fire McCarthy for him. They’d kill each other.

41 minutes ago, Northland said:

Look how long he kept Garrett.  Now there is a report that JJ's reaction after this latest post season debacle was with this roster you have to do better.  Maybe he's tipping his hand?  I don't care.  I'm now an anti fan.  Sick and tired of the hype. Wake me up when they have a deep playoff run.

Welcome to the DCRA, old friend. @The_Slamman and I have been waiting a long time for you to show up.

32 minutes ago, Northland said:

It wont matter.  Results will be the same.  Massive hype that will fail miserably to deliver.

And that’s because of the culture of the team, which is created and maintained by the ownership and executives. Until the culture in Dallas truly changes, nothing will ever really change, regardless of who the coach is. They’ll never be able to overcome the stink that the Jones family has brought to this organization.