GBs and JSs Playoffs

DaBoys

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So then trenches dont matter?

well to your point about the running game doesnt matter, not sure why it matters if Pollard or Zeke plays? Also, SF ran the ball fairly well, we didnt. Dak got pressured but he also did not play well. Missed a bunch of throws and then took sacks because he pulled down to quickly.

I like Dak but if youre getting paid $40 mill a year you are going to get more blame for playing poorly than your $15 million lineman.

7 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Again, sacks and pressure are largely a qb stat.  The truth is great QBs have repeatedly won even without good OLs.  Dak needed to get the ball out faster and more accurately.  He needed to read coverage presnap and get players in the best position to make quick adjustments.  If he’s going to paid like a great QB, you can’t make these excuses for him.  

You act like it's Dak's job to read the defense presnap, call protections, audible the play or the routes according to what he sees, move in the pocket and get the ball out quickly and accurately to the open receivers. That aint his job man. It's his job to take the snap and loft it to wide open WR's and put up big numbers. Thats's it, that's all. If he's unable to do that it's everyone elses fault. I mean, what do you expect for 40 million from the leagues 3rd highest paid player? Adjustments? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

well to your point about the running game doesnt matter, not sure why it matters if Pollard or Zeke plays? Also, SF ran the ball fairly well, we didnt.

Did you actually read the post? Because if so, then this is a silly statement to make to me. You gotta stop relying on Slam/Plans basterdization (sp?) of what I actually said. 

2 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

well to your point about the running game doesnt matter, not sure why it matters if Pollard or Zeke plays? Also, SF ran the ball fairly well, we didnt. Dak got pressured but he also did not play well. Missed a bunch of throws and then took sacks because he pulled down to quickly.

I like Dak but if youre getting paid $40 mill a year you are going to get more blame for playing poorly than your $15 million lineman.

I have it on good authority that the running game, does in fact, not matter

Look, in spite of all of the stupidity that transpired for 3 and a half quarters, fact is we were down 6 point with 3 timeouts and time on the clock. 

Our offense didn't get it done, period!

Be it on Dak, the O line, play calling, penalties, whatever.

Just watching this game in the 1st quarter I had a bad feeling. Same feeling I got against LV, Den, KC, Ariz.

Our offense does not do well when they are down. They make a late push but it is often too little too late.

As for Dak, I feel like the offense is too big for him. He seems to take forever to get the ball out, he is indecisive which leads to nothing good, and his accuracy is poor. How many balls thrown in the dirt, high or behind the receiver today? I can think of several.

This offense was waiting to get beat today, they were not attacking. THATS my frustration with our team, QB, HC, OC and Owner.

It is such a waste of good drafting. These poor players are gonna end up like Witten, Romo, and a host of other possible future HOFers with no ring.

Edited by Rtnldave

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So then trenches dont matter?

Sure, trenches matter.  But the more you pay your QB, the less you can expect from the trenches.  When you make Dak a $40M a year QB, the premise is that he’s good enough to overcome less than stellar OL play.  Clearly, he’s not.  He was outplayed by Jimmy G today.  For the record, not only did I expect that to happen today, I actually called my shot.  Look we’ve been having this same discussion now for 3 years, Dak simply does not play well against good teams.  Unless Dak has a strong running game and practically perfect OL play, he’s very average.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you actually read the post? Because if so, then this is a silly statement to make to me. You gotta stop relying on Slam/Plans basterdization (sp?) of what I actually said. 

Hey, don’t drag me into this. You created that hell all by yourself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

overcome less than stellar OL play.

Is arguably the worst pass blocking OL in the NFL the past several weeks considered "less than stellar" or "absolutely awful"?

How do we measure? Like if our pass defense was #32 the last several weeks, giving up 500 yards and 4tds a game - - would you call that "less than stellar"? Because thats the OL equivalent. 

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Sure, trenches matter.  But the more you pay your QB, the less you can expect from the trenches.  When you make Dak a $40M a year QB, the premise is that he’s good enough to overcome less than stellar OL play.  Clearly, he’s not.  He was outplayed by Jimmy G today.  For the record, not only did I expect that to happen today, I actually called my shot.  Look we’ve been having this same discussion now for 3 years, Dak simply does not play well against good teams.  Unless Dak has a strong running game and practically perfect OL play, he’s very average.  

Actually, he’s below average. You can’t have a very lopsided losing record against those types of teams and be considered average. Average is a .500 winning percentage, not being something like 5-18.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Is arguably the worst pass blocking OL in the NFL the past several weeks considered "less than stellar" or "absolutely awful"?

How do we measure? Like if our pass defense was #32 the last several weeks, giving up 500 yards and 4tds a game - - would you call that "less than stellar"? Because thats the OL equivalent. 

I think it’s safe to say that we can all agree that Connor Williams can GTFO effective immediately, but Dak should still play better because of that contract. I know that it sounds unreasonable, but with a contract that high, expectations for success and to overcome adversity are equally high. It may not be fair, but that’s how it works. Once again, Dak failed to show up for most of the game and had garbage time, empty calorie stats.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

We got the ball back down 6 with two and half minutes to play. There were absolutely 0, zero, nada, none, zilch, "empty calorie" stats. 

Whats that super aggressive fancy defense that teams play when they basically give the offense EVERYTHING in front of them so that they don't allow anything over the top?They usually play it when up by a touchdown or 2 late in games....

Because Dak excels at facing that defense 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nah, there were plenty of times Dak was getting all day to throw and he just played poorly.  He really has turned to a McNabb clone.  Even worse, SF clearly did not fear his ability to beat them.  They repeatedly blitzed him knowing Dak can’t make that burn them.  Romo would have destroyed SF today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Nah, there were plenty of times Dak was getting all day to throw and he just played poorly.  He really has turned to a McNabb clone.  Even worse, SF clearly did not fear his ability to beat them.  They repeatedly blitzed him knowing Dak can’t make that burn them.  Romo would have destroyed SF today.

Almost every word in this sentence is inaccurate. But lets just start at the end. Remind me of Romo v Vikings. What happened Slam? 

Edited by Matts4313

4 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I dont necessarily have a dog in this fight, but you and Plan were just as critical of Romo as you are of Dak. Little i don't know...hipocritical.