GBs and JSs Playoffs

DaBoys

48 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Look, in spite of all of the stupidity that transpired for 3 and a half quarters, fact is we were down 6 point with 3 timeouts and time on the clock. 

Our offense didn't get it done, period!

Be it on Dak, the O line, play calling, penalties, whatever.

Just watching this game in the 1st quarter I had a bad feeling. Same feeling I got against LV, Den, KC, Ariz.

Our offense does not do well when they are down. They make a late push but it is often too little too late.

As for Dak, I feel like the offense is too big for him. He seems to take forever to get the ball out, he is indecisive which leads to nothing good, and his accuracy is poor. How many balls thrown in the dirt, high or behind the receiver today? I can think of several.

This offense was waiting to get beat today, they were not attacking. THATS my frustration with our team, QB, HC, OC and Owner.

It is such a waste of good drafting. These poor players are gonna end up like Witten, Romo, and a host of other possible future HOFers with no ring.

“A waste of good drafting” is the perfect way to summarize the recent history of this organization.

The culture is so bad from the top down that despite being one of, if not the best drafting teams in the league, the team is undisciplined. Runs it up against cupcakes and bats about .250 against quality opponents while playing sloppy and never matching the opponent’s intensity. 
It all stems from an owner with an ego too big to hire a head coach that doesn’t care about his, or anyone else’s feelings. Who cares more about being validated than being challenged.

Edited by BigD88

20 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I dont necessarily have a dog in this fight, but you and Plan were just as critical of Romo as you are of Dak. Little i don't know...hipocritical.

You are confusing me with someone else… Romo developed into a truly elite QB whose injuries derailed his career.  Young Romo definitely had issues.  Mature Romo was great.

Outside of Martin, Parsons, Kearse and Anger I don’t understand how anyone can support or defend anyone else on this team (coaches and FO included). The team and staff is mostly full of players who either don’t live up to their contract or are over hyped because they make a play /make a good call once every 3 games. 

9 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

TBH, I was convinced this team was a fraud after we lost to the raiders and broncos.  But you are 100% right about the offseason.  We have a lot of defensive contributors who will be UFAs.  Gregory and Kearse should be high priorities.  LVE will probably be a very good player for some other team.  

offensively, DS, CW, and MG are probably all gone.

considering we are already over the cap, we will also have to make tough decisions on Lawrence, cooper, smith and collins.  

Yeah, I've noted the free agent thing repeatedly, compared it to the offseason 5 years ago after 2016. Even if there's guys you don't mind losing like C-Will, Neal and Kazee, it's just too much attrition. Let's not forget my guy Armstrong who actually made a couple key plays to keep us in it yesterday.

But now there's the coaching factor which is much more immediate. Moore and DQ both have multiple interview requests and McCarthy had a pretty fireable performance yesterday. I would ax him simply for instilling this ref-blaming ethos that's even permeated to Dak of all people. Count me in for a real hard@ss like Flores, which is what we were supposed to getting in the old Midwestern fat man.

It's just a classic rock and a hard place situation, because what obviously can't happen is retaining McCarthy while Quinn and particularly Moore are allowed to walk. But it's also pretty hard to see a simple promotion of Kellen fixing what ails this franchise. It's just so depressing. If *this team* wasn't good enough to advance past the first round... man.

Edited by matt79511

9 hours ago, BigD88 said:

“A waste of good drafting” is the perfect way to summarize the recent history of this organization.

The culture is so bad from the top down that despite being one of, if not the best drafting teams in the league, the team is undisciplined. Runs it up against cupcakes and bats about .250 against quality opponents while playing sloppy and never matching the opponent’s intensity. 
It all stems from an owner with an ego too big to hire a head coach that doesn’t care about his, or anyone else’s feelings. Who cares more about being validated than being challenged.

Well said!

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We got the ball back down 6 with two and half minutes to play. There were absolutely 0, zero, nada, none, zilch, "empty calorie" stats. 

Against a defense that was solely focused on keeping everything in front of them because they had the lead and knew that Dak couldn’t beat them. That’s empty calorie play.

Like I’ve said so many times over the years, if that man is so great, why does he continually come up small against teams with winning records and play like hot garbage for the first three quarters of the game? You can’t praise his play against vanilla defenses in the 4th quarter without questioning why he played like trash in the first three quarters. His defenders need to admit that he isn’t that good. At best, he’s a mediocre QB, and not remotely worth the contract he has. You can’t have a losing record against everyone outside of the NFC East and call yourself a top QB. It’s intellectually dishonest.

Here are the facts:

1. Zeke is done. He can’t play anymore.

2. Connor Williams is hot garbage.

3. The o-line is a shell of itself and has been since Fredbeard retired.

4. Anthony Brown is Alan Ball.

5. LVE is hot garbage.

6. Mike McCarthy is a weak head coach.

7. The culture in Dallas is one which promotes overly entitled players and a circus atmosphere, and that won’t change until Jerry Jones is dead.

Basically, you can replace/correct 1-6, but none of it will matter until #7 is corrected. And as long as that mouth breathing, inbred redneck runs things, we will never win.

Edited by plan9misfit

I actually disagree with a great deal of @plan9misfitviews. 

1. Zeke. I think the dominant Zeke we all know and loved is in fact gone. But the right mind can still utilize him. As a HB/Secondary Runner/Goal Line Back. I think he can excel and in games provide the punishment to end teams when we have a lead. He can’t be the main horse. Especially when injured. But he can do everything and in a limited specialized capacity can do quite well. I make no argument for his albatross contract, though. 
2. Williams. Garbage compared to who? Martin? Absolutely. The rest of the league? Not at all. He’s gonna get a fat contract elsewhere. NFL OLs suck and Williams is better than that suck. Not suggesting that makes him good but rather his peers are awful. 
3. Correct. I miss Callahan. This coaching staff kept playing musical chairs and never figured it out. Costly. 
4. lol no. Alan was truly awful. Brown is serviceable. Not in my top 5 priorities to fix. An argument could be made he is better than who we faced in the 49ers. And yet…they beat us. 
5. LVE played well last night. May he find a team to pay him a metric ton this off-season. 
6. Yes. 
7. We are seeing changes from Jerry but this is all likely too little too late. 

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I actually disagree with a great deal of @plan9misfitviews. 

1. Zeke. I think the dominant Zeke we all know and loved is in fact gone. But the right mind can still utilize him. As a HB/Secondary Runner/Goal Line Back. I think he can excel and in games provide the punishment to end teams when we have a lead. He can’t be the main horse. Especially when injured. But he can do everything and in a limited specialized capacity can do quite well. I make no argument for his albatross contract, though. 
2. Williams. Garbage compared to who? Martin? Absolutely. The rest of the league? Not at all. He’s gonna get a fat contract elsewhere. NFL OLs suck and Williams is better than that suck. Not suggesting that makes him good but rather his peers are awful. 
3. Correct. I miss Callahan. This coaching staff kept playing musical chairs and never figured it out. Costly. 
4. lol no. Alan was truly awful. Brown is serviceable. Not in my top 5 priorities to fix. An argument could be made he is better than who we faced in the 49ers. And yet…they beat us. 
5. LVE played well last night. May he find a team to pay him a metric ton this off-season. 
6. Yes. 
7. We are seeing changes from Jerry but this is all likely too little too late. 

Zeke is absolutely done. You cannot pay a man that much and get such minimal production. Like with Dak, with large contracts come large expectations. And Zeke can’t perform to that level, and it’s obvious.

Connor Williams absolutely needs to go. He led the league in holding penalties, even while missing games. His play against interior o-linemen has been terrible, so let him get a fat contract somewhere else. Let him be another team’s liability.

Anthony Brown is trash as a starting CB. He’s been repeatedly burned against top opponents. Yes, his play improved this season compared to years prior, but he has no business at all being a starting CB.

I don’t know what LVE you saw yesterday, but I watched a guy overrun plays and literally bounce off of smaller players while attempting to tackle them. He’s a shell of himself from a few seasons ago when he looked like one of the best young LBs in the NFL. Now? Now, he’s a backup level player at best.

And I don’t care what “changes” Jerry claims to make. He still runs the team like a damned circus and still makes everything about himself. That won’t change until he dies, and we won’t win anything until that same event.

Edited by plan9misfit

7 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Zeke is absolutely done. You cannot pay a man that much and get such minimal production. Like with Dak, with large contracts come large expectations. And Zeke can’t perform to that level, and it’s obvious.

Connor Williams absolutely needs to go. He led the league in holding penalties, even while missing games. His play against interior o-linemen has been terrible, so let him get a fat contract somewhere else. Let him be another team’s liability.

Anthony Brown is trash as a starting CB. He’s been repeatedly burned against top opponents. Yes, his play improved this season compared to years prior, but he has no business at all being a starting CB.

I don’t know what LVE you saw yesterday, but I watched a guy overrun plays and literally bounce off of smaller players while attempting to tackle them. He’s a shell of himself from a few seasons ago when he looked like one of the best young LBs in the NFL. Now? Now, he’s a backup level player at best.

And I don’t care what “changes” Jerry claims to make. He still runs the team like a damned circus and still makes everything about himself. That won’t change until he dies, and we won’t win anything until that same event.

Reality is we are stuck with Zeke next year. So how do you use him effectively? I think a way exists. Now if you suggest we are not getting our ROI I’d fully agree. 

Brown is like Williams. Saying he is not starting level dismisses that the league as a whole has some bad CBs. He’s an issue, but not the main issue. Joseph has some annoying immaturity to him I hope he cleans up this off-season. Would absolutely love to move Brown to CB3/4 range. 

34 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Against a defense that was solely focused on keeping everything in front of them because they had the lead and knew that Dak couldn’t beat them. That’s empty calorie play.

Like I’ve said so many times over the years, if that man is so great, why does he continually come up small against teams with winning records and play like hot garbage for the first three quarters of the game? You can’t praise his play against vanilla defenses in the 4th quarter without questioning why he played like trash in the first three quarters. His defenders need to admit that he isn’t that good. At best, he’s a mediocre QB, and not remotely worth the contract he has. You can’t have a losing record against everyone outside of the NFC East and call yourself a top QB. It’s intellectually dishonest.

Here are the facts:

1. Zeke is done. He can’t play anymore.

2. Connor Williams is hot garbage.

3. The o-line is a shell of itself and has been since Fredbeard retired.

4. Anthony Brown is Alan Ball.

5. LVE is hot garbage.

6. Mike McCarthy is a weak head coach.

7. The culture in Dallas is one which promotes overly entitled players and a circus atmosphere, and that won’t change until Jerry Jones is dead.

Basically, you can replace/correct 1-6, but none of it will matter until #7 is corrected. And as long as that mouth breathing, inbred redneck runs things, we will never win.

Agree with most of your takes. As for Dak he had a chance to steal a game last night and he didn’t get it done. If he’s a big time QB he’s gotta lead the team to a game winning drive as the great ones almost always do. 

6 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Reality is we are stuck with Zeke next year. So how do you use him effectively? I think a way exists. Now if you suggest we are not getting our ROI I’d fully agree. 

Brown is like Williams. Saying he is not starting level dismisses that the league as a whole has some bad CBs. He’s an issue, but not the main issue. Joseph has some annoying immaturity to him I hope he cleans up this off-season. Would absolutely love to move Brown to CB3/4 range. 

As we’ve all said for over a decade, the main issue is Jerry Jones. He is the real problem.

7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Why can’t they cut him? SF found a running back in the 6th round. You can always find good backs in the draft. Pollard right now is  much better then Zeke yet they give a guy who is clearly not himself most of the touches against SF. Mind boggling descision by this coaching staff.