Free Agent Wish List

Texas_OutLaw7

Going to be interesting to see how this off season plays out. After this debacle I can wouldn’t be surprised we see a couple of big roster moves … after a coaching staff shake up.

I thought RG was a shoe in to re-sign,  nowI’m not sure that’s a good idea. Love him for what’s he’s been through and overcome, but he’s been pretty mediocre tbh. Depends on the money.

Kearse is probably the only guy I’d really make a push for at this point.

Re-sign Randy Gregory. 

Re-sign Malik Hooker. 

Depending what we do with Cooper, Re-sign Gallup( if team friendly ) or Cedic Wilson( Cheap ). 

We are going to lose Shultz. 

I don't see us signing any big name FA due to Stephen Jones. Probably all cheap rentals etc. 

On 1/16/2022 at 8:48 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We have a draft thread, this can be for free agents you hope Dallas signs. 

O.J. Howard is at the top of my list. I expect him to be cheaper than Dalton. I think he has a ton of potential and is a tremendous blocker. If we insist on using a TE to block, I think this can help a ton. 

Came into this thread to say OJ. 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:09 PM, WizardHawk said:

Going to be interesting to see how this off season plays out. After this debacle I can wouldn’t be surprised we see a couple of big roster moves … after a coaching staff shake up.

I thought RG was a shoe in to re-sign,  nowI’m not sure that’s a good idea. Love him for what’s he’s been through and overcome, but he’s been pretty mediocre tbh. Depends on the money.

Kearse is probably the only guy I’d really make a push for at this point.

RG94 may have run out of steam towards the end of the season after getting Covid and not having extended time away from football before this season.

But when the man was a stud for a big chunk of the season. Easy bet for him to have a huge 2022, IMO. He’s still my priority #1, by a long shot.

15 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Re-sign Randy Gregory. 

Re-sign Malik Hooker. 

Depending what we do with Cooper, Re-sign Gallup( if team friendly ) or Cedic Wilson( Cheap ). 

We are going to lose Shultz. 

I don't see us signing any big name FA due to Stephen Jones. Probably all cheap rentals etc

This ties in to my last post in coaching thread….SJ confirmed this yesterday. They will not be big players in FA. They’re not even interested in doing so. 

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

RG94 may have run out of steam towards the end of the season after getting Covid and not having extended time away from football before this season.

But when the man was a stud for a big chunk of the season. Easy bet for him to have a huge 2022, IMO. He’s still my priority #1, by a long shot.

I forgot about him getting this. Maybe it had something to do with his 2nd half, which was very uninspired. 

Honestly, I’m just fit to be tied with how this all ended. It isn’t palatable in any way. Heads should be a chopping block and I currently haven’t the patience to play the waiting game.

30 minutes ago, TVScout said:

I would rather keep Shultz than Cooper. If Cooper is waived we could be so far above the cap to hire a free agent at LG. 

Stephen Jones will not be getting a big name LG or any big name FAs. They will either rely on the draft or maybe move Collins to LG and Steele at RT. They will then need to sign a swing LT or draft one for the future. Problem with Shultz is we already signed Jarwin to an extension. Jarwin contract is up in 2024. Neither one of them can run block anyways. Always get called for HOLDING. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

This ties in to my last post in coaching thread….SJ confirmed this yesterday. They will not be big players in FA. They’re not even interested in doing so. 

Do you have a Free Agent that is a big name you are interested in? I'd go pretty far down the list before I find a non-Cowboy I'd actually want to pay market value for.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

33 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Do you have a Free Agent that is a big name you are interested in? I'd go pretty far down the list before I find a non-Cowboy I'd actually want to pay market value for.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

Not really something I’ve given much thought. We know Dallas isn’t interested in building a team like that. But, if they had the money available, I’d probably be interested in Scherff. 

James Daniels is the highest rated guy I think there is reasonably realistic, but I can’t imagine Chicago letting him walk and I don’t think Dallas is going to aim that high either.

EDIT: if Dallas were to move LC inside, then I’m not interested in a OG.

Edited by WizardHawk

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Not really something I’ve given much thought. We know Dallas isn’t interested in building a team like that. But, if they had the money available, I’d probably be interested in Scherff. 

James Daniels is the highest rated guy I think there is reasonably realistic, but I can’t imagine Chicago letting him walk and I don’t think Dallas is going to aim that high either.

I actually agree with Daniels - and especially if we get TL - boy we'd have a very agile OL. 

Smith - Daniels - TY - Martin - La'el

But that is kinda my point. I don't see any must-haves at the top of the list.

Edited by Texas_OutLaw7