Mister S.Tuitt

mwalker

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I could be wrong but I think that his contract basically makes it so that he is going to be on the roster this upcoming seafor this upcoming season in my opinion is let that be the case do not touch his contract at all do not restructure it or anything and if he does not stay healthy again then next off season you you just cut ties

2022 is final year of contract...has $14 mill cap hit...basically $9.5 mill guaranteed and they can get back $4.5 mill if he retires or gets cut.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

But will it cost you more than 4.5 million to replace him

Depends really.

Maybe they go with the combo of Wormley/Loudermilk while adding another mid round pick at DE.

Maybe the sign a mid level FA to replace Tuitt to keep the good depth they have and allows Loudermilk to develop for another year or 2.

A 4.5 year 1 cap hit for a mid level FA is definitely possible.

What I said is 100% true. No one would be allowed to miss a year of work while getting paid no matter what tragedy they suffered. Tuitt collected some $15 mil last year for not performing his job. That's "right" to some people? 

Tuitt is free to do what he wants. It's his career and his body. But don't ask me to be understanding of him taking advantage of his employer and putting his teammates at a disadvantage while doing it. He wasn't sure what he was going to do all year? He did know he wasn't going to play? Well, retire. Unretire if you change your mind.

51 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

What I said is 100% true. No one would be allowed to miss a year of work while getting paid no matter what tragedy they suffered. Tuitt collected some $15 mil last year for not performing his job. That's "right" to some people? 

Tuitt is free to do what he wants. It's his career and his body. But don't ask me to be understanding of him taking advantage of his employer and putting his teammates at a disadvantage while doing it. He wasn't sure what he was going to do all year? He did know he wasn't going to play? Well, retire. Unretire if you change your mind.

Except for the bit where you said he made up an injury.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 3:31 AM, BradfordSteeler said:

Except for the bit where you said he made up an injury.

I said he claimed an injury. I never said he made up an injury. You know, in a thread where people were claiming he was on IR all year because he was grieving and that that is OK. So, people apparently want to have their cake and eat it, too, here. 

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's the same thing. Just admit you were wrong and move on. You don't have to be a contrarian on every topic. 

No, I implied he faked an injury. I don't truly know. But the people who simultaneously want to excuse him for missing the year because he was grieving or suffering from some form of mental illness have an interesting position if they are simultaneously going to attack me for implying that he faked an injury. You know, because you are basically admitting that he wasn't really hurt

I don't think he was hurt, either. I don't know for sure. The people who want to make excuses for Tuitt are going to make excuses no matter what is the main takeaway here.

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

No, I implied he faked an injury. I don't truly know. But the people who simultaneously want to excuse him for missing the year because he was grieving or suffering from some form of mental illness have an interesting position if they are simultaneously going to attack me for implying that he faked an injury. You know, because you are basically admitting that he wasn't really hurt

I don't think he was hurt, either. I don't know for sure. The people who want to make excuses for Tuitt are going to make excuses no matter what is the main takeaway here.

So now he did fake an injury according to you? It seems like you just want to argue.

We know nothing about said injury, but some injury had to have been claimed. Are you really arguing that there's no way for a player to claim body pain that isn't real to avoid work? 

Tuitt may have been injured. He may, as a NFL player with some years under his belt, have injuries that have piled up that cause some form of chronic pain. He may have had a serious injury on top of his personal matters. The last possibility there doesn't seem to be one that most people actually take seriously, to include those defending and making excuses for Tuitt.

It aint that I just want to argue. It's that some people are just looking to defend Tuitt regardless of circumstance. If he was missing time for grieving, he wasn't really hurt. He shouldn't have been on IR collecting free paychecks.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

We know nothing about said injury, but some injury had to have been claimed. Are you really arguing that there's no way for a player to claim body pain that isn't real to avoid work

No, I'm saying that you said he faked an injury. Then when called out you said he didn't fake an injury, but claimed an injury. Now you say he actually did fake an injury. You're just arguing to argue. Nobody knows what's going on with Tuitt. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

No, I'm saying that you said he faked an injury. Then when called out you said he didn't fake an injury, but claimed an injury. Now you say he actually did fake an injury. You're just arguing to argue. Nobody knows what's going on with Tuitt. 

Quote where I said he faked an injury. Look at the initial post where injury came up (I was the one who introduced the injury element into the topic, so this won't be hard). Look at the words I used. 

What I said, that he claimed an injury, implies the possibility that he wasn't really hurt. It doesn't say he faked an injury because if I wanted to say he faked an injury, if I knew that for certain, I would have said that. 

You refuse to address the overall point that no one, not even those defending Tuitt, takes the injury element very seriously here.