Divisional Round GDT - Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not that they weren't high on him, they were concerned with his injuries and work ethic. Wes Welker confirmed this by saying that Deebo was not coming to camp in the shape they wanted to and he wasn't keeping his weight down.

Deebo definitely changed up his offfseason routine this year and came in great shape. That goes a long way in developing trust with the organization. So I don't think Allbright was wrong at all with what he said since Welker all but confirmed their concerns about Deebo. 

Kyle is extremely tough on his WR's and it's paying dividends right now. You have to earn the right to catch the ball and Deebo, Aiyuk, and Jennings went through the gauntlet and came out the other side better because of it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Kyle is extremely tough on his WR's and it's paying dividends right now. You have to earn the right to catch the ball and Deebo, Aiyuk, and Jennings went through the gauntlet and came out the other side better because of it.

100%

And Deebo came out of shape twice to camp so they were fine having concerns about his future on the team. 

But Deebo worked his a$$ off this offseason and maintained his weight and now is having a breakout season. I bet they would love to see him do it again before they feel super confident in extending him but they may just have little to no choice in getting it done this offseason.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

100%

And Deebo came out of shape twice to camp so they were fine having concerns about his future on the team. 

But Deebo worked his a$$ off this offseason and maintained his weight and now is having a breakout season. I bet they would love to see him do it again before they feel super confident in extending him but they may just have little to no choice in getting it done this offseason.

I think if they wait until the following offseason, his price will increase. I mean, you're probably looks at north of 17m AAV if you extend him this offseason. If you wait until next year and he turns in another elite season in 2022, then you're probably looking at 20m+. Spotrac has his market value right now at 18m. 

This offseason will see Davante Adams get paid 😶 and will also have Chris Godwin, OBJ, Allen Robinson, and Smith-Schuster get paid. Next year will have Tyreek, AJ Brown, DK, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, and Renfrow. 

Best to just do it now. They can make it work this offseason. I've become much less scared of our cap situation recently after seeing some of the flexibility they can create with existing contracts.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not that they weren't high on him, they were concerned with his injuries and work ethic. Wes Welker confirmed this by saying that Deebo was not coming to camp in the shape they wanted to and he wasn't keeping his weight down.

Deebo definitely changed up his offfseason routine this year and came in great shape. That goes a long way in developing trust with the organization. So I don't think Allbright was wrong at all with what he said since Welker all but confirmed their concerns about Deebo. 

Yoga! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think if they wait until the following offseason, his price will increase. I mean, you're probably looks at north of 17m AAV if you extend him this offseason. If you wait until next year and he turns in another elite season in 2022, then you're probably looking at 20m+. Spotrac has his market value right now at 18m. 

This offseason will see Davante Adams get paid 😶 and will also have Chris Godwin, OBJ, Allen Robinson, and Smith-Schuster get paid. Next year will have Tyreek, AJ Brown, DK, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, and Renfrow. 

Best to just do it now. They can make it work this offseason. I've become much less scared of our cap situation recently after seeing some of the flexibility they can create with existing contracts.

I think you're looking at 21M already as it is. He shouldn't be taking less than Amari Cooper or the same as Kenny G 

• Like 1