GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

For me it comes down to the redzone and avoiding the explosive plays. I doubt we’ll just shutdown Burrow but if we hold them to FGs, not TDs in the redzone and don’t allow the long explosive TDs, we’ll be in good shape. Our redzone defense has been great and the Bengals are only average there.

Offensively, I feel we match up well against the Bengals especially without Ogunjobi and potentially Hendrickson. I don’t know if they have an answer for our run game nor AJ Brown honestly. Our redzone offense is also one of the best in the league while the Bengals redzone D is average at best. And our redzone O will only be better with the return of the King.

Edited by TitanSlim

Keith Bulluck was in for Buck Reising today

He was talking about the MNF game in 02 vs NE ( my first ever Titans game)

He was talking about how " The Freak" was introduced last and how the crowd exploded and it felt like the building shook

Bulluck said they knew the game was over at that moment because the crowd just set the tone for the rest of the night

Titans did jump out 14-0 in that game and NE never really got back into the game, they did get it to 14-7 but the Titans dominated that game

I wonder if the energy in that building on Saturday will be too tough for Cin to overcome if the Titans jump out to a 2 score lead early

• Like 1

i just have no idea what to expect from henry. people are acting like he's gonna come right out the gate and look like december henry....hard to know whether that will be the case. 

outside of that, it's their pass-catchers vs our CBs that worries me the most. higgins and boyd vs jenkins and molden is....rough. they're gonna need to come to play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i just have no idea what to expect from henry. people are acting like he's gonna come right out the gate and look like december henry....hard to know whether that will be the case. 

outside of that, it's their pass-catchers vs our CBs that worries me the most. higgins and boyd vs jenkins and molden is....rough. they're gonna need to come to play.

Me personally, Im only expecting Henry to get close to 20 carries just based on we have no idea what kind of football shape he'll be in

If im Vrabel and Downing they shouldnt be afraid to give Foreman and Hilliard carries in this game we are up late

Im all for rotating all 3 backs if we are running the ball efficiently and are up a few scores in the 4th

The Raiders had 14 rushes for 103 yards. 

Time of Possession was basically even. That will not be the case in this game. I trust that we will control the clock.

We will at least double the amount of carries.

I understand anything can happen. But if they are going to want to win, they will have to at the very least stymie our run. And with AJ and Julio healthy. We have that option as well.

Raiders did pretty good in the RedZone on defense. You know what their RedZone defense ranked this year? Dead last. You know where we ranked? 4.

Plus I trust we aren't gonna be blocking their best pass rusher with a TE. I trust we won't have stupid turnover in our own field. We will make Burrow march the whole field and earn it. 

I really think the matchup favors us. If we play to who we are, we can break them.

Edited by twotonebluenation

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I get the concern with our CB vs their WR. Our CB group has also been pretty good the 2nd half of the season. The Texans 2nd half is fresh on our minds but Molden and Jenkins have been playing at a high level outside of that half. I tend to think that’s an outlier and not the norm.

They’ll have their hands full with the Bengals pass catchers but all hope isn’t loss with them.

14 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I get the concern with our CB vs their WR. Our CB group has also been pretty good the 2nd half of the season. The Texans 2nd half is fresh on our minds but Molden and Jenkins have been playing at a high level outside of that half. I tend to think that’s an outlier and not the norm.

They’ll have their hands full with the Bengals pass catchers but all hope isn’t loss with them.

yeah, we've done relatively well against strong receiving groups. deebo got us pretty bad but we shut down kittle. held the rams and chiefs in check. but i think in terms of pass catchers the bengals are better and deeper than anyone we've played, between chase, higgins, boyd, and then uzomah at TE. secondary will need to bring their A game to hold up until the pass rush can get home. it can be done, but it'll be tough!

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

idk if I posted it before, but this is legit my vibe going into the playoffs. I believe so much in this team. We're a great team. Que será, será

200.gif

I envy you. Not that I don't believe. I just feel like Tony Soprano about to keel over every time I think about the game, which is about every other minute. I just want these boys to rip skulls open on Saturday.