Lamar Jackson [QB, Louisville]

K-Ro 25

I love Lamar, hell i may even be his biggest fan on the forum. But if there are really people who believe that his arm is stronger than Vick's was, i have a hard time believing they watched Mike play in his prime. Mike had the strongest arm ive ever seen, he could flick it and that ball was humming. I also believe Vick was a better runner than Jackson is, maybe not by alot though. Lamar has a very good arm, and has elite escapability but saying that he's on par with Vick is not accurate in my personal opinion. Lamar may be a better passer at this stage then Vick was as a prospect though.  

I do believe if this was last years class, or just a weak QB class in general. Lamar would have a solid chance to be the #1 pick. With this class i think his range is from picks 20-36. But if he runs a 4.3 in Indy, things could get wild. I suspect he will run something around 4.45-4.50, which is still damn good.

I personally want him on the Minnesota Vikings, which hopefully we can retain Pat Shurmur. I think he'd do good sitting behind Keenum or Teddy (whoever Min resigns) for a few seasons. And then coming on a team that has a great defense + solid offensive core (Diggs, D.Cook, Thielen, Treadwell, Rudolph, good oline) would help. 

11 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Whoa I love me some Jackson, but as fast as Vick? Let's pump the brakes now...

Why is that a crazy thought to you? Jackson appears to be the fastest guy on the field pretty much every game, he is said to have ran like a 4.34 in spring practice. Could be inflated but then again so are Vick's Virginia Tech times. Jackson has routinely pulled away from DB's in the open field for long touchdowns.

14 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Whoa I love me some Jackson, but as fast as Vick? Let's pump the brakes now...

The real question isn't whether he is as fast as Vick, it is whether he is as quick as Vick at getting out of the way of pass rushers like Vick could, Vick was as good at it as any QB who ever played the game and if Jackson has similar talent, he'll be one sensational NFL QB, quite capable of wining SB's, because he is a far better passer than Vick could ever dream of being.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, jrry32 said:

It would be nice if Jackson lands with a coach who will use him properly.

What does 'using him properly' mean? If it means let him run around and hope to luck into wins, it's a bad idea. This is just another guy who can't play NFL QB.  You have to be able to pass in the NFL OR build a powerhouse D and let your guy manage the game in order to win the SB. Good teams, which are the ones in the playoffs, already know how to stop a guy like this. Sure he will wow against the inferior teams like CLE and the other bottomfeeders. People will go...look at how great this guy is (running for 1st downs). Then it all fades away after all the teams remember how you stop QBs that run the football.

42 minutes ago, lod01 said:

What does 'using him properly' mean? If it means let him run around and hope to luck into wins, it's a bad idea. This is just another guy who can't play NFL QB.  You have to be able to pass in the NFL OR build a powerhouse D and let your guy manage the game in order to win the SB. Good teams, which are the ones in the playoffs, already know how to stop a guy like this. Sure he will wow against the inferior teams like CLE and the other bottomfeeders. People will go...look at how great this guy is (running for 1st downs). Then it all fades away after all the teams remember how you stop QBs that run the football.

Well, Vick who couldn't hit an open receiver if his life depended on it, was a heck of a successful QB for many years and Fran Tarkenton was just as successful. If a QB is quick enough to avoid every type of pass rush and thus has all day to throw the ball, he is going to be quite successful until his body gives out. It is impossible to defend, fortunately for NFL defenders, such QB's are few and far between, but Jackson has the appearance of perhaps being the next great one and if he is, he could dominate pro football for many years.

Nobody consistently could ever stop Vick or Fran, but you could outscore them!!! Defenses can never catch up with elite quickness, it was so powerful for Vick and Tarkenton, that their teams never bothered to draft OLmen very high in the draft, neither Vick nor Fran needed solid blockers to escape a pass rush, they could do it all on their own.

People mistake fast running RB's to be another Vick, but fast does not mean you have the quick moves to escape a pass rush, those are elite runners and they give every DC nightmares week in and week out, because there is no defense for them!!!

21 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Why is that a crazy thought to you? Jackson appears to be the fastest guy on the field pretty much every game, he is said to have ran like a 4.34 in spring practice. Could be inflated but then again so are Vick's Virginia Tech times. Jackson has routinely pulled away from DB's in the open field for long touchdowns.

Exactly because of that. Vick when he played looked like the fastest player in the NFL. Not just QB but player...period.

Even at age 32 (and time off from game) he was faster than Shady.

Lamar is fast, but I'm not sure he's Vick fast. He's probably high 4.3 low 4.4 

7 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Exactly because of that. Vick when he played looked like the fastest player in the NFL. Not just QB but player...period.

Even at age 32 (and time off from game) he was faster than Shady.

Lamar is fast, but I'm not sure he's Vick fast. He's probably high 4.3 low 4.4 

So does Lamar Jackson similarly looks like one of the fastest people on the field much like Vick. They are both likely 4.3 type guys

Archived