Kirk Cousins Thread: Keep, Cut, Trade?

gopherwrestler

33 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Not interested in fair. I'm interested in freeing up resources for the oline.

15-18% of the cap.

I think with the new regime, outside of possibly center, you have to give the rest of the o-line the opportunity to grow together.  For right now, I'm not investing any free agent money into the offensive line, except for maybe veteran minimum backups.  If you're investing any "resources" into anything, it's the defense, as that can't all be fixed via the draft.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think with the new regime, outside of possibly center, you have to give the rest of the o-line the opportunity to grow together.  For right now, I'm not investing any free agent money into the offensive line, except for maybe veteran minimum backups.  If you're investing any "resources" into anything, it's the defense, as that can't all be fixed via the draft.

Yeah. Also, if you improve the line, but get an inferior QB, have you really made any improvement?

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yeah. Also, if you improve the line, but get an inferior QB, have you really made any improvement?

Fitzmagic and Bridgewater are UFA's

Fitz could give us comparable stats to cousins at a fraction of the cost. He would be my pick.

2 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Fitzmagic and Bridgewater are UFA's

Fitz could give us comparable stats to cousins at a fraction of the cost. He would be my pick.

This is...well...it's a take, I guess. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

not comparable in durability, to begin with.

Not an unfair argument. But he is vaccinated and Cousins isn't. Not that, that is a wash, but also something to consider. Along with the other knuckle draggers on the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Sure. If you completely ignore the fact that Fitz has played 41 more games....and has 78 more interceptions. 

41 games equates to 2.5 years. There is a 7 year difference in the start of both players careers. So I'm not sure how relevant that is.

5 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

If you look at those stats and think they aren't far apart, idk man...

You'd have to look at the averages and RSD's of the league to know for certain. Again, it isn't a perfect argument, but you don't have to shell out a ton of cap for a guy who has played reasonably well in the last couple of years.

Just now, twslhs20 said:

You'd have to look at the averages and RSD's of the league to know for certain. Again, it isn't a perfect argument, but you don't have to shell out a ton of cap for a guy who has played reasonably well in the last couple of years.

They 2nd level stats (beyond bulk numbers) are starkly in favor of Cousins. it's not even close.

4 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

41 games equates to 2.5 years. There is a 7 year difference in the start of both players careers. So I'm not sure how relevant that is.

So in 2.5 more years, he's thrown 78 more interceptions. That doesn't improve your stance.

Just now, wcblack34 said:

So in 2.5 more years, he's thrown 78 more interceptions. That doesn't improve your stance.

He also wasn't a starter the majority of that time. His mistakes kept him on the bench. He's been a better player as he has matured. Same can be said for Tannahill, and other QBs. It's rare, but it happens.

My argument is the value is baked into the comparable cap hits.