Kirk Cousins Thread: Keep, Cut, Trade?

gopherwrestler

12 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

I mean the Rams got Stafford to help complement Cooper Kupp and that’s worked out pretty well. You don’t have to be a genius to realize that Kirk Cousins is not a winning QB and it is OK to build an offense around one of the best young players in the league. Doesn’t matter if he’s a WR, he’s the best player on the team! Keeping the best players on the team happy should be the number one priority of any organization. Not just in football, but any sport. The best players want to win, and so should the entire organization. It’s clear that losing doesn’t bother Cousins as much as it does Jefferson. We’ve seen how far Cousins can take us in the last 4 years. He’s just not a guy that can win you games just off pure will. He doesn’t have that in him. Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson and Derek Carr are all involved in trade talks, and I’d take any one of those guys over Kirk Cousins. 

The Rams have not built their offense around Cupp. He is the current beneficiary of the offense with Stafford. They did not get rid of Goff because of Cupp. They got rid of Goff because a better QB was available to them. 

And while many would take Watson and Wilson over Cousins (no way I'd take Care over Cousins with similar contracts), what are you going to have to give up to get them? 

32 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

I mean the Rams got Stafford to help complement Cooper Kupp and that’s worked out pretty well. You don’t have to be a genius to realize that Kirk Cousins is not a winning QB and it is OK to build an offense around one of the best young players in the league. Doesn’t matter if he’s a WR, he’s the best player on the team! Keeping the best players on the team happy should be the number one priority of any organization. Not just in football, but any sport. The best players want to win, and so should the entire organization. It’s clear that losing doesn’t bother Cousins as much as it does Jefferson. We’ve seen how far Cousins can take us in the last 4 years. He’s just not a guy that can win you games just off pure will. He doesn’t have that in him. Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson and Derek Carr are all involved in trade talks, and I’d take any one of those guys over Kirk Cousins. 

Didn't Stafford just win his first playoff game?  I wouldn't say that the Rams traded for a "winning" quarterback 

43 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Didn't Stafford just win his first playoff game?  I wouldn't say that the Rams traded for a "winning" quarterback 

Winning QB doesn’t necessarily mean they come from a “winning” team. Stafford is a QB that can win you games by his talent and will alone. That’s a winning QB. Same with Deshaun Watson. I don’t know how else to put this, but we need an upgrade at QB or else we’re going to be average again. Just like we’ve been average for the past 4 years with Cousins. Also the Rams gave up 2 first round picks and a third for Stafford. I don’t think Cousins will get us those type of assets in return. Just goes to show how the league feels about Stafford versus Cousins. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

The Rams have not built their offense around Cupp. He is the current beneficiary of the offense with Stafford. They did not get rid of Goff because of Cupp. They got rid of Goff because a better QB was available to them. 

And while many would take Watson and Wilson over Cousins (no way I'd take Care over Cousins with similar contracts), what are you going to have to give up to get them? 

First round picks? With a new GM and a new head coach, I can almost guarantee we’ll be getting rid of Cousins. If he was as great as some Vikings fans think he is, then he should get us some high draft picks in return but I think we’ll be lucky if we get a 3rd round pick. Also Derek Carr is coming off of one of the most bizarre seasons a QB has ever been through, and he still got his team to the playoffs. If Cousins was in that situation on the Raiders, I really doubt they make the playoffs. Carr carried that team with little help and a lot of outside noise. That’s a great leader. Kirk Cousins on the other hand couldn’t even address the media after his coach and GM were fired. Also Carr has a better arm, so yeah I’d definitely take him over Skirt Cousins any day. 

Edited by Purplepride323

13 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

First round picks? With a new GM and a new head coach, I can almost guarantee we’ll be getting rid of Cousins. If he was as great as some Vikings fans think he is, then he should get us some high draft picks in return but I think we’ll be lucky if we get a 3rd round pick. Also Derek Carr is coming off of one of the most bizarre seasons a QB has ever been through, and he still got his team to the playoffs. If Cousins was in that situation on the Raiders, I really doubt they make the playoffs. Carr carried that team with little help and a lot of outside noise. That’s a great leader. Kirk Cousins on the other hand couldn’t even address the media after his coach and GM were fired. Also Carr has a better arm, so yeah I’d definitely take him over Skirt Cousins any day. 

Skirt? Is that supposed to be a sexist comment of some kind? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

3rd round pick and "Skirt Cousins." Hard to take ya serious, bud. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Winning QB doesn’t necessarily mean they come from a “winning” team. Stafford is a QB that can win you games by his talent and will alone. That’s a winning QB. Same with Deshaun Watson. I don’t know how else to put this, but we need an upgrade at QB or else we’re going to be average again. Just like we’ve been average for the past 4 years with Cousins. Also the Rams gave up 2 first round picks and a third for Stafford. I don’t think Cousins will get us those type of assets in return. Just goes to show how the league feels about Stafford versus Cousins. 

It shows you how the Rams feel about draft picks more than anything else. 

50 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It shows you how the Rams feel about draft picks more than anything else. 

How they feel about draft picks? Dude they’re in the playoffs, very likely headed to the Super Bowl. It’s safe to say that acquiring Stafford was the right move, even if they gave up 2 firsts. Who in the right mind wouldn’t give up 2 firsts for a shot at the Super Bowl? I feel like a lot of Vikings fans are okay with mediocrity and just don’t want to win. I get it. I guess that’s what happens when the franchise never wins championships. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

No, my argument is that cutting Kirk to get a better QB for JJ is wrong......no place did I say keeping him was right (as I think JJ will do what he wants regardless of the QB). I merely said that arguing cutting Kirk to keep JJ happy was silliness for the next two years.....

So your argument is that getting rid of Kirk for a better QB is wrong, but keeping him is also wrong. Yeah, that makes sense. 

Edited by Purplepride323

11 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

So your argument is that getting rid of Kirk for a better QB is wrong, but keeping him is also wrong. Yeah, that makes sense. 

What better QB next year? And, a rookie the year after? My argument is that Kirk's status is not the key to JJ at all. It's the coaches. 

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

So, yes. Very sad. 

How is it sexist if it’s not gender based, and it’s directed at one person. If anyone should feel offended it’s Kirk. Not you. Also I don’t know if you have any friends that watch football, but most people that do, aren’t too fond of Kirk and most people call him “funny” names. That’s just one of them. Calling people “funny” names isn’t something that should be blown out of proportion or taken out of context. It’s a part of sports & life. It helps build character. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

What better QB next year? And, a rookie the year after? My argument is that Kirk's status is not the key to JJ at all. It's the coaches. 

Like I said in previous comments, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson and Derek Carr are all involved in trade talks and I’ll take any of those three over Kirk. 

Edited by Purplepride323