The GM Thread: Raiders hire Zeigler

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Too many bad picks early. Specifically Ferrell, Arnette, Muse, Bowden. Then in FA guys like Kwit, and Littleton, not to mention AB and Trent who were obviously talented but low character that ended up burning us.

Trent was the worst. A lazy and unmotivated player you made the highest paid tackle in the game. He balloons out, misses most the games. Trades him for peanuts, creates a hole at RT and then reaches on Leatherwood who later is moved to RG. 

The whole sequence of events is fireable.  

• Like 1

too many bad first round picks. he did find some legit gems in Renfrow, Maxx. Overall was so so as a drafter, which was suppose to be his expertise. maybe we hire and upgrade and really nail those picks. Leatherwood, Ferrell, Arnette, Bowden, Muse yuck. Ruggs situation sucked, but hard to fault MM on that one. Abram and Jacobs were reaches too 

Edited by Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You calling people low class is a bit rich, but go off. 

This team had 13 picks in the top 100. They were completely negligent with them. They never looked to trade up early and get the right guy. They reached consistently.  

GMs are going to miss, it happens. Judge them by their ability to learn from the mistakes. Mayock consistently botched the early stages of the draft and kept reaching. He had some good spots, but overall you cannot miss on top 100 picks and expect to build a championship roster and keep your job. 

Like your the epitome of class?  YOU!?! Of all people? Lmao!  

I’ll thread lightly, I think you might have reading comprehension issues:

At what point did I defend Mayock performance? I literally said I was the first one on this board to call for his firing if he didn’t do better.  

I simply said the guy was a class Act during his time here but didn’t perform at the level needed to be retained.  It’s one thing to be happy were moving onto another GM but it’s unnecessary to “turn” on the guy and blast him.   

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ed Dodds pls. I want some good 1st round picks.

He’s at the top of my list too.

from NFL app…

The Raiders put in requests to interview New England Patriots defensive assistant Jerod Mayo for head coach and Patriots director of player personnel Dave Ziegler for general manager, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday. The team is also expected to put in a GM interview request for Indianapolis Colts executive Ed Dobbs, Rapoport added.

26 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Too many bad picks early. Specifically Ferrell, Arnette, Muse, Bowden. Then in FA guys like Kwit, and Littleton, not to mention AB and Trent who were obviously talented but low character that ended up burning us.

I can’t front I thought Littleton was coverage linebacker the team had been sorely lacking

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

He will always have the we don’t know which picks he made excuse from the media and maybe rightfully so but his name is attached to those awful picks no matter what. So happy to get a fresh start seems to good to be true 

Yeah, this is where I'm at. If he were the GM of any other team, where Gruden wasn't the head coach, I think we'd have a more clear picture. I find it so hard to believe that Mayock, who in the past, has had incredible big boards, would've missed on so many picks. It's truly so hard to believe. I think Gruden had a lot to do with them but as you said, Mayock's name is attached so that's all there is to it. 

• Like 1

You really have to put effort into wasting as many assets as he and Gruden did during their time here. Literally almost every major decision they made came back to blow up in their face. 

I dont care if he was a GM in name only, he was apart of this abomination. Good riddance. Hope to see him back on TV

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 2