DC/HBO Peacemaker

Matts4313

16421073016621.jpg

Peacemaker is an American television series created by James Gunn for the streaming service HBO Max, based on the DC Comics character Peacemaker. It is the first DC Extended Universe (DCEU) television series and a spin-off from the 2021 film The Suicide Squad. It follows Christopher Smith / Peacemaker as he joins the black ops squad "Project Butterfly". The series is produced by The Safran Company and Troll Court Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television, with Gunn serving as showrunner.

John Cena stars as the title character, reprising his role from The Suicide Squad, with Danielle Brooks, Freddie Stroma, Chukwudi Iwuji, Jennifer Holland, Steve Agee, and Robert Patrick also starring. Gunn wrote all eight episodes of the series while completing work on The Suicide Squad during the COVID-19 pandemic, before HBO Max officially ordered Peacemaker straight-to-series in September 2020. Filming took place in Vancouver, Canada, from January to July 2021, with Gunn directing five of the episodes.

Peacemaker premiered on HBO Max on January 13, 2022, with its first three episodes. The rest of the series is being released weekly through February 17. The series has received positive reviews from critics.

37 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm not a fan of the intro at all but the show itself is awesome.

Im with deadpulse. I crack up every time it comes on. The blonde girl is so stiff. Then that old dude (the dad) does the hip thrust with explosion hands... indicating... uh... stuff. Hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

16421073016621.jpg

Peacemaker is an American television series created by James Gunn for the streaming service HBO Max, based on the DC Comics character Peacemaker. It is the first DC Extended Universe (DCEU) television series and a spin-off from the 2021 film The Suicide Squad. It follows Christopher Smith / Peacemaker as he joins the black ops squad "Project Butterfly". The series is produced by The Safran Company and Troll Court Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television, with Gunn serving as showrunner.

John Cena stars as the title character, reprising his role from The Suicide Squad, with Danielle Brooks, Freddie Stroma, Chukwudi Iwuji, Jennifer Holland, Steve Agee, and Robert Patrick also starring. Gunn wrote all eight episodes of the series while completing work on The Suicide Squad during the COVID-19 pandemic, before HBO Max officially ordered Peacemaker straight-to-series in September 2020. Filming took place in Vancouver, Canada, from January to July 2021, with Gunn directing five of the episodes.

Peacemaker premiered on HBO Max on January 13, 2022, with its first three episodes. The rest of the series is being released weekly through February 17. The series has received positive reviews from critics.

Did you actually hyperlink everything or did copy pasting this do it automatically? If you did it yourself I’m starting to question your sanity bro 

There's been some baaaaaad cgi at times, especially with Eagley, but I agree that Eagley is an awesome side kick.

I wish they would have held off on Peacemaker knowing who Vigilante is longer.

The lady from Orange is the New Black that is Waller's daughter has been really bad though. The blonde girl and team leader have been ok, and Dye Beard has had a few funny spots.

Cena is definitely limited, but a show like this with Gunn at the helm is in his range.

Terrible terrible writing so far but it's working through Gunn's sheer force of style and love of 80's hair metal.

Raiding the warehouse was a great scene, and Gunn leaning into the absurd (his specialty) has really worked for this show. If they do a season 2, I wonder if they will be able to get him back.

And there are definitely two sides to the whole Butterfly thing, or more.  I'm pretty sure Myrne (sp?) is actually on their side.

Edited by THE DUKE