Divisional Rounds - LA Rams @ TB Buccaneers

haveyoumetdustin

Sunday, January 23rd, 3 PM EST @ Raymond James

Last matchup was week 3 in LA, where the Rams beat us 34-24. Our running game was non existent, and our D struggled missing Jamel Dean and Murphy-Bunting. 

Last season in Tampa was a closer game where we lost 27-24, with much of the same story with the running game. Kupp and Woods went wild and Brady struggled. 

Now we face off for the third time in two years, this the biggest matchup. From our last matchup we'll be down Godwin, they're up OBJ.  We'll have a less than 100% Wirfs, if we get him at all.

But we'll have playoff Brady. We'll have playoff Lenny back. We have our full defense out there. We're at home. 

There's going to be a lot of takes out there this week that the Rams are the favorites even on the road, and hell maybe they are. I don't think we're going down without a fight with this crew. 

• Like 1

This game is going to be rough...

my head leans Rams a little and it hurts my heart

With our OL banged up its going to be very tough to protect Brady

going to need a huge effort from the defense and hope that we can contain Kupp 

need big games again from Evans and Gronk

our DL needs to cause some chaos

we saw what a slow start will do to us vs the Rams in our first meeting this season so we cant afford to start slow again

right now, books have us as the favorites (-3) probably just because we are at home

biggest game of the season here

with hindsight i wish we would have gotten the Cowboys lol

im nervous already

BUCS BY  30 

Lets goooooooooooooooooooo

12 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I think this is where the #2 seed comes into play. If this was at Sofi Stadium this a probably a loss. Now the Bucs have a decent chance to advance at home. I think the Bucs win but it will be close.

i agree here, i think being at home heavily effects our winning percentage 

if we can pull off a win here i think we should win the following week against whoever , Packers or 9ners

i think the Rams are a tougher matchup for us than either of the other NFC opponents

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

if we can pull off a win here i think we should win the following week against whoever , Packers or 9ners

i think the Rams are a tougher matchup for us than either of the other NFC opponents

I agree. This is going to be tough but it will be tough for the Rams as well. It's going to be one of those playoff battles. Can't wait to watch it.

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Even if the Bucs manage to get by the Rams I don't think they're winning in Lambeau field as the Pack are definitely the class of the NFC. 

With that being said yes being at home is the main advantage but nothing else considering how banged up the Bucs are and even when healthy the secondary & LB's have coverage issues. The Bucs get sacks but too often than not those sacks don't come on 3rd downs where they need to get off the field and thus a 1st or 2nd down sack is usually followed by a big gain to move the sticks. 

On offense I just don't know how drives are going to finish in the endzone b/c I pretty much know the running game will be no existent given how the Rams play the run and how Arians/Leftwich tend to abandon it. Which brings us to pass protection & our pass catchers getting open and with that regards the only ones I have faith in are Evans & Gronk as the rest tend to have route running issues or Brady just isn't accurate throwing to them. 

Unless the Bucs defense has a throwback performance like in last years SB or we can get the really bad Matthew Stafford it'll be hard pressed to see them moving on this weekend. 

31 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Even if the Bucs manage to get by the Rams I don't think they're winning in Lambeau field as the Pack are definitely the class of the NFC. 

With that being said yes being at home is the main advantage but nothing else considering how banged up the Bucs are and even when healthy the secondary & LB's have coverage issues. The Bucs get sacks but too often than not those sacks don't come on 3rd downs where they need to get off the field and thus a 1st or 2nd down sack is usually followed by a big gain to move the sticks. 

On offense I just don't know how drives are going to finish in the endzone b/c I pretty much know the running game will be no existent given how the Rams play the run and how Arians/Leftwich tend to abandon it. Which brings us to pass protection & our pass catchers getting open and with that regards the only ones I have faith in are Evans & Gronk as the rest tend to have route running issues or Brady just isn't accurate throwing to them. 

Unless the Bucs defense has a throwback performance like in last years SB or we can get the really bad Matthew Stafford it'll be hard pressed to see them moving on this weekend. 

They need to have a throwback performance in every playoff game going forward, I don't think anyone disagrees there. The Bucs need their defense to be stout.

4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

They need to have a throwback performance in every playoff game going forward, I don't think anyone disagrees there. The Bucs need their defense to be stout.

I think the Bucs run defense might be able to show up but stopping the pass is another story due to pass rush & coverage issues. 

I suspect it's another game where Tom has to throw it alot and he gets a high volume of passing yards but not that many drives ending in the endzone. Pass protection will be a key issue since the Rams rush the passer quite well. I also have doubts about Brady throwing Jalen Ramsey's way as I assume the Rams will assign Ramsey on Evans most of the time since the Bucs has no other real threat at the WR position. 

This reminds me of the 2015 Patriots team Brady took to the playoffs and the only relevant pass catching threat were Julian Edelman & Gronk and that team came up short against a ferocious Denver defense and hello Von Miller yet again on Sunday!

going have to run the football Sunday. Cant get pass happy i dont care if Wirfs is playing or not the strategy needs to remain the same. 

Need to attack their LB/S part of their defense. Leftwich will have to scheme up something. I expect a lot of run and short passing game folks. Facing Donald with Cappa + Josh Wells is catastrophic. Make this one ugly as possible

Stafford is a good QB. We’ll have to create a TO to win this one. I think we come up short in a tough one. 

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

going have to run the football Sunday. Cant get pass happy i dont care if Wirfs is playing or not the strategy needs to remain the same. 

Need to attack their LB/S part of their defense. Leftwich will have to scheme up something. I expect a lot of run and short passing game folks. Facing Donald with Cappa + Josh Wells is catastrophic. Make this one ugly as possible

Stafford is a good QB. We’ll have to create a TO to win this one. I think we come up short in a tough one. 

But will running alot allow the Bucs offense to move the sticks let alone finish drives in the endzone? Also if Matthew Stafford carves up the Bucs defense like he did in week 3 then running the ball becomes a moot point b/c they'll too far behind again and forced to be one dimensional and Brady will look like he did against the Saints.