Divisional Rounds - LA Rams @ TB Buccaneers

haveyoumetdustin

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I just can't  watch Gabbert as a starter.  Please no.  Trask might turn into the next Mike Glennon, but please find out.  

Gabbert basically guarantees you a high pick and a chance at a franchise QB in 2023, lol.

29 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I just can't  watch Gabbert as a starter.  Please no.  Trask might turn into the next Mike Glennon, but please find out.  

🤣🤣 When Brady retires, we are gonna go back to sucking anyways. Gonna be a QB and HC carousel again. Only way to stop it from happening would be getting a QB like Russell Wilson. 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

fair enough, the question becomes what assets should the team use to improve.  For me, I don t want to go secondary early.  I have 2 outside CBs who are above avg., not elite.  Winfield got burned, but he is a Pro Bowl safety caliber player who will only get better.  3 out of 5 starting positions filled. I m good with FA for nickel CB and another safety to compete.  Edwards is live by the sword  die by the sword.  You want more consistent, I can see the argument.  I would only pay Whitehead lower top 10 money to stay.  If they get outbid, Whitehead go get your money.  My gameplan, earliest I address secondary in draft is Rd 3.  I do have interest in FA in a bin above the vet minimum (Desir, Adams), in the Sherman range but with tread left on the tire.

See that's my thing. I actually think they need a veteran CB in the mix (not a Sherman type, who's over the hill already). They invested a lot of draft capital in the CB all at once, which was great but I think they need that veteran stabilizing player in the mix to help out, or bump out someone who's underperforming.

I'm fine with Winfield and Whitehead/Edwards.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 6:04 PM, indifference said:

With this defense and Kyle Trask at QB we’re looking at 4-13 top 10 pick

Going need to develop a high end QB prospect this time around.

could be looking at Bryce Young or CJ Stroud with that type of season

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

could be looking at Bryce Young or CJ Stroud with that type of season

yeah, until you watch how the division is crumbling.  With competent Qb play they win the division again.  I don t think Gabbert is the guy.  Win the division, out of the top 15 in the draft.  

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

yeah, until you watch how the division is crumbling.  With competent Qb play they win the division again.  I don t think Gabbert is the guy.  Win the division, out of the top 15 in the draft.  

what QB is competent they can get? I don't see it. 

59 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

what QB is competent they can get? I don't see it. 

Welp, I guess we'll see what is behind "Door 2" because there is zero chance BA is coming back to go back to rebuild mode.  No reason to re sign Godwin if you feel you can' t find a competent QB.  

Let s not forget, the genesis of the Brady experiment.  His last pass in NE was a pick 6, not like there wasn't a thought he was done.  So I'll give BA the benefit of the doubt to figure it out if TB12 retires.  They would have to be a 3 win team next yr to get that high in the draft for '23.  I know there is a disappointment, but this roster is above 3 wins even with the question at QB.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Welp, I guess we'll see what is behind "Door 2" because there is zero chance BA is coming back to go back to rebuild mode.  No reason to re sign Godwin if you feel you can' t find a competent QB.  

Let s not forget, the genesis of the Brady experiment.  His last pass in NE was a pick 6, not like there wasn't a thought he was done.  So I'll give BA the benefit of the doubt to figure it out if TB12 retires.  They would have to be a 3 win team next yr to get that high in the draft for '23.  I know there is a disappointment, but this roster is above 3 wins even with the question at QB.

I agree..   If Arians does come back I assume it would be for just one year to help groom the next HC.