Divisional Rounds - LA Rams @ TB Buccaneers

haveyoumetdustin

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

But will running alot allow the Bucs offense to move the sticks let alone finish drives in the endzone? Also if Matthew Stafford carves up the Bucs defense like he did in week 3 then running the ball becomes a moot point b/c they'll too far behind again and forced to be one dimensional and Brady will look like he did against the Saints. 

bucs still had a chance to win that game against the Saints. Got away from the run too soon. Being down 2 scores 10-14 and going all out pass is not a good recipe against Donald and Miller. We need to keep running try to gain positive gains and use PA on first down to open up pass lanes. 

18 minutes ago, indifference said:

bucs still had a chance to win that game against the Saints. Got away from the run too soon. Being down 2 scores 10-14 and going all out pass is not a good recipe against Donald and Miller. We need to keep running try to gain positive gains and use PA on first down to open up pass lanes. 

Yes I agree to running but if running on 1st 2nd downs just brings up 3rd & long situations then the Rams pass rush is gonna salivate at the opportunity to lay waste to Tom on 3rd & long passing situations. It's all about what the run gets them and I'm not sure the Bucs have the backs to do so and also the Rams run defense is fairly stout. I'm also very fearful of Tom having to force balls Jalen Ramsey's way b/c that's a recipe for disaster. If I'm Tom I would just recognize where Ramsey is lined up pre-snap and just not throw his way.

18 hours ago, NFL Network said:

I think the Bucs run defense might be able to show up but stopping the pass is another story due to pass rush & coverage issues. 

I suspect it's another game where Tom has to throw it alot and he gets a high volume of passing yards but not that many drives ending in the endzone. Pass protection will be a key issue since the Rams rush the passer quite well. I also have doubts about Brady throwing Jalen Ramsey's way as I assume the Rams will assign Ramsey on Evans most of the time since the Bucs has no other real threat at the WR position. 

This reminds me of the 2015 Patriots team Brady took to the playoffs and the only relevant pass catching threat were Julian Edelman & Gronk and that team came up short against a ferocious Denver defense and hello Von Miller yet again on Sunday!

This team is much better than that 2015 team lol

Put it like this if you transfer this Bucs roster to the 2015 pats they win the Super Bowl. 

Edited by CP3MVP

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

This team is much better than that 2015 team lol

Put it like this if you transfer this Bucs roster to the 2015 pats they win the Super Bowl. 

Not sure if they can in either Denver against the 2015 Broncos defense or hosting the 2021 Rams. Very tough to win when you're shorthanded and it wouldn't surprise to see Brady get the same treatment that he did in the 2015 AFC title game.

There seems to be a lot of recency bias with the Rams.  No doubt, awesome job Monday night.  Previous week didn't they blow a 17 pt lead and lose at home? Previous week had to come from behind playing a back up Qb.  This unstoppable force, a little bit skeptical.

Sure the Rams have won the last 2 games.  LA at home convincing win no doubt.  The win in Tampa, Brady has the ball in :2 min to either tie or win the game- pick thrown game over.  This is bad match up for the Bucs-debatable.

Going to be a tough game no doubt, but this roster still has a bunch of guys who won it all last yr.  It does matter.  

As far as the Bucs OL, unless Jensen s ankle is broke, he's playing.  I think Wirfs makes it. I find it hard to believe they let him go back in the game with a bad injury.  They can work on that ankle thru Sunday morning.  Getting the #2 seed was huge- no travel.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

There seems to be a lot of recency bias with the Rams.  No doubt, awesome job Monday night.  Previous week didn't they blow a 17 pt lead and lose at home? Previous week had to come from behind playing a back up Qb.  This unstoppable force, a little bit skeptical.

Sure the Rams have won the last 2 games.  LA at home convincing win no doubt.  The win in Tampa, Brady has the ball in :2 min to either tie or win the game- pick thrown game over.  This is bad match up for the Bucs-debatable.

Going to be a tough game no doubt, but this roster still has a bunch of guys who won it all last yr.  It does matter.  

As far as the Bucs OL, unless Jensen s ankle is broke, he's playing.  I think Wirfs makes it. I find it hard to believe they let him go back in the game with a bad injury.  They can work on that ankle thru Sunday morning.  Getting the #2 seed was huge- no travel.

I think ppl , including us Bucs, fans just remember us not doing well against the Rams this year and last year

and credit to them they played well and have good matchups

but they are vulnerable not doubt, SanFran embarrassed them to comeback from down 17 to win and if Stafford gets nervous and makes bad decisions we could be the ones destroying them

but i think itll be a tough game , a good game

just have to play our A game no matter what

i also agree with you on Jensen and Wirfs. Jensen, no doubt he plays

Wirfs will play, they'll rehab all week and keep him off it, then on Sunday they'll shoot him up so he doesnt feel much pain, just have to see how he deals with it

the biggest question is how our defense will play, because  imo thatll decide the game, we need playoff Bowles not regular season Bowles 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I don’t think there is recency bias. The Rams have won 6 out of their last 7 games. They did blow a 17pt lead two games ago but it’s the first time McVay lost a game when leading at the half so I figured that’s more of a blip than a disturbing trend. Plus I don’t think the Rams are getting too much credit for how they handled the Bucs this season and last season. It’s not like the Bucs drastically changed from the same team in a positive way. They actually got worse due to injuries.

On the other hand the Rams drastically changed with the additions of OBJ, Von, getting Akers back and even adding vet presence in the secondary in Weddle. He might not do much but I think he adds experience and added excitement amongst guys like Ramsey who was excited to see him back and guys like Burgess who is close to him. I think at the very least he can help the secondary not have many critical busts like they had against the Niners that allowed the Niners to go down the field and score to tie the game and send it into OT.

Now I give the edge to the Bucs to win bc they do have Brady, they are at home, and the Rams are coming off a short week. Brady can’t possibly go (0-3) in a Bucs uniform against the Rams, right? Arians can’t go (1-5) against the Rams since McVay became HC, right? Kupp can’t continue to dominate the Bucs in his three meetings since coming into the league, right? Most importantly, Brady can’t continue to get roughed up by this Rams front while the Bucs barely touching the Rams QBs, right? 

In an odd way, the Bucs took advantage of a banged up Chiefs OL in the Superbowl and now they are the banged up OL against the Rams dangerous pass rush. So it’s going to be interesting to see how they handle it. The Bucs have to run the ball well which they haven’t done in the previous two meetings again the Rams. If they can’t run the ball well it’s going to have up be quick passes and hope the Rams don’t tackle well in this game. But good luck this week bc I wanted this matchup in the NFCCG but we got it in the divisional round.

Edited by stl4life07

55 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Jensen is such a beast 

I think Arians was holding some guys out for Philadelphia like SMB or Fournette, I don't see that being the case this week. I think the only ones missing for the Bucs will be Ronald Jones and possibly Wirfs. Wirfs will come down to pre game.

2 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Not sure if they can in either Denver against the 2015 Broncos defense or hosting the 2021 Rams. Very tough to win when you're shorthanded and it wouldn't surprise to see Brady get the same treatment that he did in the 2015 AFC title game.

A worse offense out up 18 against that Broncos defense. This Bucs offense wins that game pretty clearly. They had the the corpse of Steven Jackson in the AFC title game lol. That Offensive line was one of the worst of Brady’s career. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I don’t think there is recency bias. The Rams have won 6 out of their last 7 games. They did blow a 17pt lead two games ago but it’s the first time McVay lost a game when leading at the half so I figured that’s more of a blip than a disturbing trend. Plus I don’t think the Rams are getting too much credit for how they handled the Bucs this season and last season. It’s not like the Bucs drastically changed from the same team in a positive way. They actually got worse due to injuries.

On the other hand the Rams drastically changed with the additions of OBJ, Von, getting Akers back and even adding vet presence in the secondary in Weddle. He might not do much but I think he adds experience and added excitement amongst guys like Ramsey who was excited to see him back and guys like Burgess who is close to him. I think at the very least he can help the secondary not have many critical busts like they had against the Niners that allowed the Niners to go down the field and score to tie the game and send it into OT.

Now I give the edge to the Bucs to win bc they do have Brady, they are at home, and the Rams are coming off a short week. Brady can’t possibly go (0-3) in a Bucs uniform against the Rams, right? Arians can’t go (1-5) against the Rams since McVay became HC, right? Kupp can’t continue to dominate the Bucs in his three meetings since coming into the league, right? Most importantly, Brady can’t continue to get roughed up by this Rams front while the Bucs barely touching the Rams QBs, right? 

In an odd way, the Bucs took advantage of a banged up Chiefs OL in the Superbowl and now they are the banged up OL against the Rams dangerous pass rush. So it’s going to be interesting to see how they handle it? The Bucs have to run the ball well which they haven’t done in the previous two meetings again the Rams. If they can’t run the ball well it’s going to have up be quick passes and hope the Rams don’t tackle well in this game. But good luck this week bc I wanted this matchup in the NFCCG but we got it in the divisional round.

Can t argue your points.  I can certainly see a path to a Rams victory.  I can't buy the Bucs are banged up and there is an advantage to the Rams.  Yup, Godwin is gone.  All the starters on both teams are beaten up.  Let s face it, the injury report is a joke.  Brady had knee surgery at the end of last season and was never on the injury report, lol.

The game boils down to me can the Bucs defense get off the field on 3rd down.  It has been a problem all yr.  Philly game was good.  Brady will protect the ball on offense.  Sure losing Godwin hurts, but Brady will use the flats to the RBs if the Rams key on Evans and Gronk.  Rams ofense is near 50% or above on 3rd down, I think they win the game.  Otherwise, game swings toward the Bucs, IMO