Divisional Rounds - LA Rams @ TB Buccaneers

haveyoumetdustin

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

A tackle in bounds isn't a guarantee. They were going deep and running to the sidelines. 

We've all seen how awful prevent defense actually is, right? We've watched it for years.

We played to stop them. We just failed.

I agree...   I know it looks incredibly stupid in hindsight but the defense had just given up 2-3 pass plays and it was looking like they were going to march down the field into FG range.    Bowles had no faith in the front 4 getting there or the coverage to hold up so he went for a play to rush Stafford into a mistake or incompletion.   IMO I'd rather lose like that instead of the slow bleed.

• Like 1

With hindsight 

Should have had Lenny knee at the 1 and take our chances with scoring with less time  left

But that last play call by Bowles is still stupid no matter which way you put it

The slow starts and poor execution caught on 3rd downs ****ed us in the end

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

With hindsight 

Should have had Lenny knee at the 1 and take our chances with scoring with less time  left

But that last play call by Bowles is still stupid no matter which way you put it

Two blown coverages against their best player didn't help matters.

Not to mention the half dozen other things we ****ed up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

With hindsight 

I thought about this as well, but 40 seconds left, having to go 50+ yards with 1 timeout? Take the guaranteed points.  I thought Arians might have went for 2, no risk it, no biscuit, ya know?

And then getting sacked on their first play? Almost guaranteed OT till Bowles went stupid.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

it did this yr.  I thought they did JTS no favors with his development having him rush inside because JPP had 1 arm.  Next yr, he has to be the starter with Shaq.

The thing I saw with JTS is his strength...   He was getting blown off the ball which was killing the run defense.  

Just now, sryan66611 said:

The thing I saw with JTS is his strength...   He was getting blown off the ball which was killing the run defense.  

or was it technique?   He was a rookie who didn t even play the previous yr.  I think they moved him around way too much to placate JPP, IMO.

Just now, sryan66611 said:

His first start he jumped all over the place too. He looked antsy and unsure. That slowly went away. But he was directed by TEs and OTs whenever opposing teams ran the ball.

Hopefully another offseason helps him. Because we need him.

• Like 1