Divisional Rounds - LA Rams @ TB Buccaneers

haveyoumetdustin

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

His first start he jumped all over the place too. He looked antsy and unsure. That slowly went away. But he was directed by TEs and OTs whenever opposing teams ran the ball.

Hopefully another offseason helps him. Because we need him.

Yea I think he will be very good just needs an NFL offseason to get in the weight room.

Hey everyone, heck of a game. It really felt like it was going to get ugly until that fumble before half time. The rams did not fumble the ball much at all this year and it was mind blowing to see 4 in basically one half. I imagine losing this one at the end like you did hurts more than a blowout but at least your team showed some pride. Maybe for some it stings a little less since you won one last year haha I wouldn’t know anything about that though. Anyway, good game and good season 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's funny. Both Lovie and Koetter bitched about our lack of communication on defense for years. And we all scoffed at them and bitched about the coaching.

When does it become a player issue?

When it happens over and over again (and even in the same game) it's a player issue.

This secondary needs a re-tooling desperately. It's been our Achilles heel.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

When it happens over and over again (and even in the same game) it's a player issue.

This secondary needs a re-tooling desperately. It's been our Achilles heel.

Over half the league has secondary issues.  The pass rush did not get it done yesterday.  Bowles rode JPP over the cliff.  Rans had a back up LT in the game and JPP got the overwhemingly majority of the snaps at ROLB.  Kudos to the Rams pass rush yesterday.  They had multiple guys who could bend and get around the corner.  The Bucs chose to pretty much play only one guy like that- Shaq.  Could JTS or Gill made a difference?  Don t know they weren t given a chance.  I would rather dedicate resources to improve the pass rush.  Bowles rotated NACHO n McLendon playing together against a team who had little interest in running the ball.  McLendon with 13 career sacks. NACHO career 1.5 sacks  They offer little pass rush. What s ashame was Vea was terrific yesterday pushing the pocket, issue was the outside pass rush was non existent.  What Brady faced on the other hand.   It made no sense.   Bowles aversion to rotating OLBs, I just don t understand.  Bowles won us a SB no doubt, but his insistence to stop the run at all costs bit them yesterday.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Over half the league has secondary issues.  The pass rush did not get it done yesterday.  Bowles rode JPP over the cliff.  Rans had a back up LT in the game and JPP got the overwhemingly majority of the snaps at ROLB.  Kudos to the Rams pass rush yesterday.  They had multiple guys who could bend and get around the corner.  The Bucs chose to pretty much play only one guy like that- Shaq.  Could JTS or Gill made a difference?  Don t know they weren t given a chance.  I would rather dedicate resources to improve the pass rush.  Bowles rotated NACHO n McLendon playing together against a team who had little interest in running the ball.  McLendon with 13 career sacks. NACHO career 1.5 sacks  They offer little pass rush. What s ashame was Vea was terrific yesterday pushing the pocket, issue was the outside pass rush was non existent.  What Brady faced on the other hand.   It made no sense.   Bowles aversion to rotating OLBs, I just don t understand.  Bowles won us a SB no doubt, but his insistence to stop the run at all costs bit them yesterday.  

Not disagreeing, but it's not like this was the only game this happened in. Even in games where we've seen the pass rush get home, we see the secondary have these coverage gaffes and miscues. It's been an ongoing issue.

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Not disagreeing, but it's not like this was the only game this happened in. Even in games where we've seen the pass rush get home, we see the secondary have these coverage gaffes and miscues. It's been an ongoing issue.

fair enough, the question becomes what assets should the team use to improve.  For me, I don t want to go secondary early.  I have 2 outside CBs who are above avg., not elite.  Winfield got burned, but he is a Pro Bowl safety caliber player who will only get better.  3 out of 5 starting positions filled. I m good with FA for nickel CB and another safety to compete.  Edwards is live by the sword  die by the sword.  You want more consistent, I can see the argument.  I would only pay Whitehead lower top 10 money to stay.  If they get outbid, Whitehead go get your money.  My gameplan, earliest I address secondary in draft is Rd 3.  I do have interest in FA in a bin above the vet minimum (Desir, Adams), in the Sherman range but with tread left on the tire.