Browns DT Malik McDowell arrested for public exposure and assault on deputy

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Seriously?  

*May 25, 2017  Drafted in the 2nd round 35th overall after a suspect JR season with a few injuries compared to a big time SOPH year

*July 30, 2017 McDowell was involved in an ATV accident and was placed on the reserve/did not report list on

*August 3, 2017 placed on the non-football injury list due to the injuries from the accident.

*September 22, 2017 He was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol 

*December 2017,  He was arrested again for disorderly conduct.

*July 26, 2018, McDowell was waived by the Seahawks with a non-football injury designation,

*February 18, 2019, McDowell got into an altercation with police in Lathrup Village, Michigan and was charged with assault, resisting arrest, and operating a vehicle while intoxicated (OVI).

*April 2019, he was arrested for receiving and concealing stolen property after police found a stolen car in his possession

*October 23, 2019, he pleaded guilty to all of the criminal charges. 

*November 13, 2019, He was sentenced to 11 months in prison.

*May 2020, His agent said that he was medically cleared to return to football

*March 2021, his agent said he was looking to return to the NFL.

*August 31, 2021 McDowell made the final 53 man roster for the Cleveland Browns

All of these things look great compared to what he just finished doing.  Clearly the guy got his first real NFL experience this year, was a decent player, started an impressive 14 games for Cleveland at DT, was productive and could most likely have a moderate career with continued improvement and he goes ahead and does this?  The dude was a going to be a millionaire again most likely with a few decent seasons put together, had a one year contract for $660,000 and was going to be signed again for either more or with another team.  What the hell, get an absolute second chance after not playing football in the NFL for five years after being drafted!  

NFL is really tried to hide this one though, on the surface it seems all so what but when one realizes the dude was totally naked and basically tried to sack a police officer.  Yeah black eye for the NFL here, headline on espn.com is "Browns DT arrested, allegedly assaulted officer"  Alledgedly?  Yeah watch the video!

To echo what others have said, this guy needs help. Idk what his problems are, mental health, substance abuse, etc, but he needs to sit career aspirations aside and check real help, get his life in order. He is on a bad path to life ending (figuratively, hopefully not literally) choices. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

To echo what others have said, this guy needs help. Idk what his problems are, mental health, substance abuse, etc, but he needs to sit career aspirations aside and check real help, get his life in order. He is on a bad path to life ending (figuratively, hopefully not literally) choices. 

I'm interested to see, knowing what we all know of his history, if his lawyer's explanation that someone slipped him something unbeknownst to him is enough to get him a slap on the wrist from the league. I doubt anyone would believe the story, including the Browns or other team that he plays on next in this scenario, but I'm curious if everyone will willfully suspend disbelief and let him play.

• Like 1

That video is so disturbing, man. I really hope he gets the help he needs. There is just no way that a guy in that mental state should be competing in a violent contact sport.

Did nobody on the Browns staff (including teammates) have any idea the guy was in that bad of a way? If they did, I sure hope they tried to help him.

16 hours ago, StatKing said:

Its definitely drugs. Most likely bath salts or lsd

14 hours ago, DawgX said:

I dunno, I've done acid and didn't feel the need to walk around naked near a school and attack anyone.

14 hours ago, StatKing said:

Take 10 tabs to the dome and see how you feel then. I took too much once and thought I was invisible like Kevin Bacon in Hollow Man

14 hours ago, StatKing said:

Its against forum rules to talk about these things so this will be my last post on it but most likely the stuff you guys have taken was nbome. It is very very hard to find legit lsd these days. 

Ok, yeah... 14 hours late, time to end this thread. If new stuff comes out if this, we'll consider reopening it.

• Like 2