Cardinals add Chris Johnson

khodder

On 7/23/2017 at 1:16 AM, LuckyNumber11 said:

Can't hate it. 10-12 touches a week and continuing to protect DJ. nothing but love for this move. The dude has always produced for us 

Given his age, is he anything more than protection for David Johnson?  His best years are clearly behind him at this point.

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Given his age, is he anything more than protection for David Johnson?  His best years are clearly behind him at this point.

By all accounts, Arians still doesn't want DJ getting over 30 touches a week. CJ had an outstanding year for us two years ago, got hurt last year. I'd be surprised if he didn't see a couple touches each week. 10 might be high, but the staff likes him and is weary of overusing DJ 

On 7/25/2017 at 9:14 PM, LuckyNumber11 said:

By all accounts, Arians still doesn't want DJ getting over 30 touches a week. CJ had an outstanding year for us two years ago, got hurt last year. I'd be surprised if he didn't see a couple touches each week. 10 might be high, but the staff likes him and is weary of overusing DJ 

It'd be irresponsible for Arians (or whoever is calling their plays) to have David Johnson getting that many touches.  They should want to extend the life of him, not run him into the ground.  If David Johnson gets more touches like he's been asking for, the entire coaching staff needs to be fired on the spot.

• 3 weeks later...

As someone that still wears his Titans CJ jersey and will forever have a soft spot for the guy since he was, for awhile, the lone beacon of hope surrounded by piles of ineptitude, I'm happy to see him still have work. Are you guys thinking he's locked into a roster spot assuming he's healthy?

37 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

As someone that still wears his Titans CJ jersey and will forever have a soft spot for the guy since he was, for awhile, the lone beacon of hope surrounded by piles of ineptitude, I'm happy to see him still have work. Are you guys thinking he's locked into a roster spot assuming he's healthy?

Well he was the second running back off the bench for us in the last preseason game. I think he's got that second spot on lockdown. It's the next two spots that are interesting. Conventional wisdom says Kerwyn Williams and Ellington will be the two, but one was likely gonna be on the outs before due to TJ Logan being drafted. Elijah Penny might be a dark horse there to unseat Ellington

But anyways, we're likely to carry 4 RBs so I'd say CJ's roster spot is pretty much on lockdown

• 3 weeks later...

Archived