Youtube Mock Draft

Stingley is a good prospect, although for the life of me I can’t understand why his draft stock is so bulletproof that he’s still considered a likely top 5 pick despite barely playing in 2 years. It’s not like LSU DBs are just some sure bet to translate as NFL stars — they’ve had some great ones come out of there, but in the last few drafts it’s not like guys like Delpit, Kristian Fulton, Greedy, Donte Jackson, etc. have set the world on fire. 

That said, this would be yet another huge investment in the CB position. We’ve already poured two separate $10M+ contracts into that position, in addition to a 3rd rounder for BSJ last season. None of them can play in the slot, apparently, so we’ve already got an odd man out (seemingly BSJ) who won’t be on the field much unless there’s an injury. You’re not taking Stingley basically in the top 10 to play him in the slot either, so what’s the plan for the position?

I think they need a CB, but I’d like to see it be an upgrade on Danny Johnson — a feisty, twitchy, physical, maybe undersized guy who will compete in the slot. Someone like Avante Maddox for the Eagles. Like Kendall Fuller was for us, before he went to KC and apparently forgot how to play in the slot. That seems like a 4th round type selection to me. 

• Like 1

With the needs this defense has at LB and safety I’d be pretty upset if we picked a corner. Especially with the money being paid to Fuller and Jackson plus BSJ being picked in the third. For me, it’s either QB, LB or WR. And I say WR because I think this injury thing is going to linger with Samuel. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Stingley is a good prospect, although for the life of me I can’t understand why his draft stock is so bulletproof that he’s still considered a likely top 5 pick despite barely playing in 2 years. It’s not like LSU DBs are just some sure bet to translate as NFL stars — they’ve had some great ones come out of there, but in the last few drafts it’s not like guys like Delpit, Kristian Fulton, Greedy, Donte Jackson, etc. have set the world on fire. 

That said, this would be yet another huge investment in the CB position. We’ve already poured two separate $10M+ contracts into that position, in addition to a 3rd rounder for BSJ last season. None of them can play in the slot, apparently, so we’ve already got an odd man out (seemingly BSJ) who won’t be on the field much unless there’s an injury. You’re not taking Stingley basically in the top 10 to play him in the slot either, so what’s the plan for the position?

I think they need a CB, but I’d like to see it be an upgrade on Danny Johnson — a feisty, twitchy, physical, maybe undersized guy who will compete in the slot. Someone like Avante Maddox for the Eagles. Like Kendall Fuller was for us, before he went to KC and apparently forgot how to play in the slot. That seems like a 4th round type selection to me. 

Morris Claiborne was an All-Pro from LSU as a CB... Oh wait, wait, you're telling me he wasn't! He was a huge bust for the Cowboys 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:08 PM, e16bball said:

A Coby Bryant type player for us would be huge