NFL fines Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians $50,000 for striking own player

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

When a guy makes a great play everyone smacks his helmet to congratulate him MUCH MUCH harder than this. It's just a completely different work environment than everyone here.

Imagine your boss making you run windsprints around the office because you messed up an excel sheet...

LMAO. What a great analogy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

When a guy makes a great play everyone smacks his helmet to congratulate him MUCH MUCH harder than this. It's just a completely different work environment than everyone here.

Imagine your boss making you run windsprints around the office because you messed up an excel sheet...

Youre saying thats not normal?    I may need to look for a new job...

Anyway...thoughts and prayers go out to Andrew Adams for this gruesome attack.   I hope he pulls through.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I hope that guy filed assault/battery charges against Arians for that hit. No place in football for that, and Arians should be in jail and lawmakers need to immediately pass "The Bruce Arians Bill" aimed at preventing and helping victims of gruesome assault by NFL head coaches during games

I really hope this is sarcasm lol

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Don't hit people.

Agreed.
And more importantly - don't hit people who can't hit back. That's part of the issue -  authority figures taking advantage of their position
If the players can hit back without repercussions, I'm certain Bruce Arians/Urban Meyer would quickly find another way to communicate their displeasure. 

As far as the $50k fine, the NFL can't go bat**** crazy about taunting and then turn around and allow corporal punishment from coaches
Also curious to see if Antonio will use this episode as evidence to bolster his case of "mistreatment" by Arians ...stay tuned. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

And more importantly - don't hit people who can't hit back. That's part of the issue -  authority figures taking advantage of their position
If the players can hit back without repercussions, I'm certain Bruce Arians/Urban Meyer would quickly find another way to communicate their displeasure. 

Good Point

30 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Agreed.

As far as the $50k fine, the NFL can't go bat**** crazy about taunting and then turn around and allow corporal punishment from coaches
Also curious to see if Antonio will use this episode as evidence to bolster his case of "mistreatment" by Arians ...stay tuned. 

Yep I had a principal in high school who would grab kids by the collar and smack them in the back of the head. The sad thing was the staff were aware of this but didn’t do anything. He eventually retired and never faced any consequences for his actions.