Head Coach Candidates

Acgott

14 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Also, the way I see everything shaking out right now, I think there is about a 50% chance that Patrick Graham is our DC next year.

Based on past experiences, Daboll and Flores would keep him. Quinn, Frazier, and Anarumo would let him go. Are you weighing this more on the fact the first two are the clear favorites and he has only one known other team interested.

I agree it’s higher than it was suspected a few weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Based on past experiences, Daboll and Flores would keep him. Quinn, Frazier, and Anarumo would let him go. Are you weighing this more on the fact the first two are the clear favorites and he has only one known other team interested.

I agree it’s higher than it was suspected a few weeks ago.

Yes. I think Flores absolutely keeps him, and I give him a 20% shot of being the next coach. Quinn, Frazier, Anarumo I give a combined 10% chance. Daboll I think has about a 70% chance of being our next head coach, and I'd give him a 50% chance of keeping him. Daboll may want to bring in Wink Martindale or someone else as DC. So that's 20+ .5(70) = 55% chance of Graham being the DC next year.

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Yes. I think Flores absolutely keeps him, and I give him a 20% shot of being the next coach. Quinn, Frazier, Anarumo I give a combined 10% chance. Daboll I think has about a 70% chance of being our next head coach, and I'd give him a 50% chance of keeping him. Daboll may want to bring in Wink Martindale or someone else as DC. So that's 20+ .5(70) = 55% chance of Graham being the DC next year.

I’ll give a higher percentage to Flores, with the reports that ownership loves him. I think there is also a chance that Flores is our next DC, if Graham wants a fresh start, but that is probably unlikely.

Hypothetically, how would you guys feel if Wink Martindale was brought in to replace Graham?

Ravens fans said they weren't surprised to see him go because he basically just spammed the blitz, which worked well when he had a good secondary. But when Peters, Smith, and Westry went down with injuries, the system was exposed and he failed to adjust.

The more I think about it, I'd rather have Patrick Graham as our next HC than Brian Flores. I think Flores is way too similar to Joe Judge and the instability he brought to that coaching staff in Miami, especially on the offensive side, goes against everything Schoen preached at his press conference. While Graham was our DC under Judge, and they are close friends, Graham is a true forward thinker and a progressive guy.

And Dan Quinn would be dead last on my list. When you think about it, what does a head coach really do? They have minor input on both sides of the ball, make gameday roster decisions, make in game decisions, hire staff, and create buy-in for the team. Is Dan Quinn really good at any of those things? He's notably awful at in game decisions.