2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

6 minutes ago, Northland said:

Re Gregory.  Why even offer Gregory a contract then, albeit a fairly lucrative one, if you had a just as good player on the roster who is considerably cheaper? Just let Gregory walk. Take the savings and fill other needs.

Its a really solid point. 

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its a really solid point. 

I have one on occasion.  I came up with that point arguing with Dallas fans on social media about Gregory.  The hypocrisy of some Dallas fans, not all, but some regarding Gregory is staggering.  It goes something like this.  Dallas has resigned Gregory.  Dallas fans respond with great news.  Gregory is a solid player who was a priority off season signing.  News then breaks that Gregory has left Dallas for Denver.  Dallas fans respond with who cares he just an overrated pot head and Armstrong is just as good.  Don't get me wrong.  I like Armstrong.  I think he has been a nice rotational player to date and every team needs guys who can come in off the bench and produce.  Hopefully he will earn more snaps and continue to be productive.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Northland said:

I have one on occasion.  I came up with that point arguing with Dallas fans on social media about Gregory.  The hypocrisy of some Dallas fans, not all, but some regarding Gregory is staggering.  It goes something like this.  Dallas has resigned Gregory.  Dallas fans respond with great news.  Gregory is a solid player who was a priority off season signing.  News then breaks that Gregory has left Dallas for Denver.  Dallas fans respond with who cares he just an overrated pot head and Armstrong is just as good.  Don't get me wrong.  I like Armstrong.  I think he has been a nice rotational player to date and every team needs guys who can come in off the bench and produce.  Hopefully he will earn more snaps and continue to be productive.

Yeah, clearly not even Stephen himself believes the words coming out of his mouth re:Dorance.

It’s very weird that there is a contingent of Cowboys fans telling on themselves by backing it up.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m never a fan of trading up, minus a franchise QB. Add to it, the depth of this year’s draft and this feels like an incredibly bad idea.

There is always a lot of hype surrounding Dallas so I am taking this news with a grain of salt.  That being said if you are a Dallas fan are you worried about the price Jerry may potentially pay to move up?  Have they tipped their hand again?  For a team with a lot of needs it may be prudent to hold on to as much draft capital as possible.

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m never a fan of trading up, minus a franchise QB. Add to it, the depth of this year’s draft and this feels like an incredibly bad idea.

Fisher has kinda devolved into an uncredible source. I wouldn't read too much into this. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Depends on the cost and the player. I wouldn’t give up much for a WR (maybe just enough to jump to 21 or 22). But franchise LT opportunities are more rare. If Neal or Cross slid a just a little, I’d at least entertain the idea.

28 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Question… how do you trade up without informing teams ahead of you that you’d be interested in trading up? 

Question, do you hear of reports from other teams trying to trade up already? Or trade down? I haven’t. Now I have had heard some teams are entertaining those thoughts but are not actively “trying” to trade. 

I would say a majority of teams keep their draft plans close to the chest (aka keeping their mouths shut) until Draft has started. Getting the upper hand in a trade is paramount. 

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Question, do you hear of reports from other teams trying to trade up already? Or trade down? I haven’t. Now I have had heard some teams are entertaining those thoughts but are not actively “trying” to trade. 

I would say a majority of teams keep their draft plans close to the chest (aka keeping their mouths shut) until Draft has started. Getting the upper hand in a trade is paramount. 

1) There are absolutely reports of other teams looking to trade. You are a Cowboys fan, and hear the Cowboys news the most. Also, this is amplified by the fact that Cowboys are the world’s most popular team, and therefore get extra coverage.

2) No team waits until draft day to start scoping out potential options for trades. These things a take time to work out, and teams are discussing potential parameters ahead of time. Also, there’s gamesmanship. Cowboys might be calling to get intel or give out false info, with no actual intention of making a move.

You are looking for reasons to be upset.