2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

8 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:
11 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Watching the highlight reminded me:

We have two really stupid first down celebrations with Zeke's eat and Lambs snorting. 

Oddly enough, between the two, I think if i had to choose it would be CD's snort/wipe. Not sure why, so please don't ask.

I dont hate either one of them, tbh. I also dont hate the Emmitt kneel or the Hill peace sign. None of them are egregious in terms of being offensive. I would lump them in with the Ware swipe or the Jaylon/LVE howl. 

Blogging the boys had a great break down of how our OL regressed over the year and teams stopped blitzing.   One stat was Dak took 2.6 sec to throw (10th in NFL). 1st half year that increased to 2.75 second half.  Not a huge increase but also there was a huge increase in pressure and QB hits 2 nd half of season to 1 st half.  Going from 11 a game to 15 a game that is telling as noted teams stopped blitzing and went to a 4 man rush and yet managed to increase the pressure on Dak 

Now Dak has a ton of issues and is no Brady or Mahomes.  But he also is capable of leading the No1 offense in football even with that OL drop off. So yes I don’t see the issue with us continuing to think Dak can lead us tot hen promised land but we do need to improve our OL or for our OL to perform at a better level.  

thus let us add OL early in the draft and if we have to cut DLaw for financial reasons add a edge rusher and LB in our first three

Edited by quiller

10 hours ago, quiller said:

Blogging the boys had a great break down of how our OL regressed over the year and teams stopped blitzing.   One stat was Dak took 2.6 sec to throw (10th in NFL). 1st half year that increased to 2.75 second half.  Not a huge increase but also there was a huge increase in pressure and QB hits 2 nd half of season to 1 st half.  Going from 11 a game to 15 a game that is telling as noted teams stopped blitzing and went to a 4 man rush and yet managed to increase the pressure on Dak 

Now Dak has a ton of issues and is no Brady or Mahomes.  But he also is capable of leading the No1 offense in football even with that OL drop off. So yes I don’t see the issue with us continuing to think Dak can lead us tot hen promised land but we do need to improve our OL or for our OL to perform at a better level.  

thus let us add OL early in the draft and if we have to cut DLaw for financial reasons add a edge rusher and LB in our first three

They could address it also by moving Collins to LG and Steele starts at RT. Then drafting BPA offense or defense. We can bring in a veteran Center to compete with Tyler or revisit McGovern at Center. 

14 minutes ago, atran35 said:

They could address it also by moving Collins to LG and Steele starts at RT. Then drafting BPA offense or defense. We can bring in a veteran Center to compete with Tyler or revisit McGovern at Center. 

The only issue with this plan, imo, is that Collins might throw a hissy fit. He was promised a tackle spot and his ego might get in the way. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The only issue with this plan, imo, is that Collins might throw a hissy fit. He was promised a tackle spot and his ego might get in the way. 

At that point then you save $10m and cut bait. I get the impression this is on the burner anyway. 

On 1/27/2022 at 11:56 AM, atran35 said:

That seems to make most sense financially and football wise.  I'd love to add Linderbaum then in the draft.  Draft an OT to develop.  Cut the woman beater

On 1/27/2022 at 12:12 PM, Matts4313 said:

Then you respond, so was Jaylon.  If he has an ego after not playing 2 years and following that up with a mediocre year, then play him at fb. Then I'd also point out that if guard is good enough for Martin it's good enough for you.

Edited by SweetFancyMoses