Week 9 GDT: Broncos @ Eagles

Broncofan

Just now, Orangecrush151 said:

Bolles has been pretty solid all year he doesn't nearly get blown up like everyone else. So I hold whatever it's okay. I like the kid

I like him too but just because he isn't getting blown up like everyone else doesn't mean he should have these senseless holding penalties. He isn't using his feet enough. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I like him too but just because he isn't getting blown up like everyone else doesn't mean he should have these senseless holding penalties. He isn't using his feet enough. 

You know my feelings on not taking him at 1.20 (move back and get Ramczyk at 1.28 and get another 3rd, or take Foster, and get LT later).     But pass pro we knew was going to take time.   It's still too early to write off his abilities there, we just have to live with early growing pains.  It's not like he's as bad as Watson (not even close TBH).  Pairing him with Barbre does seem to stabilize that left side pass-pro wise.   

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

You know my feelings on not taking him at 1.20 (move back and get Ramczyk at 1.28 and get another 3rd, or take Foster, and get LT later).     But pass pro we knew was going to take time.   It's still too early to write off his abilities there, we just have to live with early growing pains.  It's not like he's as bad as Watson (not even close TBH).  Pairing him with Barbre does seem to stabilize that left side pass-pro wise.   

Not writing him off. Just saying I can't stand the holding penalties and he needs to use his feet. He is more good than bad.

Having said that, the illegal motion penalties are all mental mistakes.  No excuses there, awful.    Holding penalties are footwork, physical issues.  False starts are mental mistakes, not acceptable with half a season in the books.  SMH Bolles there.

D has to hold here, can't afford to get down more than 1 score.

Archived