Targets

DoleINGout

Where's the proof that Kirk is some kind of burner? He's the possession guy in the Cardinals offense. He had the lowest ADOT of their top 3 wideouts and the lowest YAC per catch. I agree that the Pats need another guy besides Bourne who's capable of getting big chunks of YAC, but Kirk isn't that guy. 

Kirk would be Mac and Bill's Diggs to the Bills' Josh Allen.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/christian-kirk-is-fast-despite-40-time

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/christian-kirk

Measurable Measurement %tile
Height 5' 10⅜" 16
Weight 201 lbs 48
Wingspan 72⅞" 13
Arm Length 30⅜" 11
Hand Size 9⅞" 82
40 Yard Dash 4.47s 64
Vertical Jump 35½" 50
Broad Jump 115" 15
3-Cone Drill 7.09s 27
20 Yard Shuttle 4.45s 8
60 Yard Shuttle 12.03s 5
Bench Press 20 reps

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/stefon-diggs

Measurable Measurement %tile
Height 6' 0" 31
Weight 195 lbs 33
Arm Length 31¼" 28
Hand Size 10" 87
10 Yard Split 1.54s 66
40 Yard Dash 4.46s 71
Vertical Jump 35" 44
Broad Jump 115" 15
3-Cone Drill 7.03s 38
20 Yard Shuttle 4.32s 29

4.47 forty isn't slow especially with a lot of mismatches out of the slot...

I see Bill/the Pats throwing themselves at Kirk assuming he isn't franchised. He will probably be their big FA this year, if they have any, of course.

Edited by DoleINGout

If you asked me 2 days ago I would be pounding the table for offensive help. I have completely changed, we need to focus on defense.  We could have a young Jules and we still would get creamed by the Bills. 

Would it be nice to have a new offensive toy, heck ya, but that's not going to help much against the Bills.  Mike Lombardi yesterday mentioned how BB looks at the offense and made a great point about 1st to 2nd yr development with the offensive unit.

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Patriots basically gut their entire receiver room outside of Bourne this year.

That will never happen, matter of fact don't be surprised if no WRs are brought in through FA and the draft. Maybe later in the 6/7th. I'm 99% sure there will be zero offensive FA other than maybe OL.  The draft will be all defense, maybe OL and 3rd down back. Oh forgot, some reach for a ST defender!!!

I'm dead set against wasting draft capital and money on offensive.  Calvin Ridley, heck no, I will blow a casket if that happens.

I will say I would love a new slot WR, however my practical side says we need defense desperately, without a major upgrade in talent we have no shot at beating the Bills.  I look at 2022 as a building year and if we are successful use 2023 on offense.

Last nice post @DoleINGout

11 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Trent Brown

• I would honestly let him go unless he was willing to take a hometown discount .. i worry about injuries and wouldnt want to dedicate a lot of money / years on him. 

I would move him to LT and ship out Wynn.  Based on Browns comment you will not have to break the bank to sigh him. I could care less about injuries, compared to Wynn he's the picture of Health.  Trade Wynn and use those assets on defense.

I'm open to all option concerning defense the complete opposite on offense. Boy saying this is killing me... I want Dotson bad, oh well it was a nice dream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I would move him to LT and ship out Wynn.  Based on Browns comment you will not have to break the bank to sigh him. I could care less about injuries, compared to Wynn he's the picture of Health.  Trade Wynn and use those assets on defense.

I'm open to all option concerning defense the complete opposite on offense. Boy saying this is killing me... I want Dotson bad, oh well it was a nice dream.

You're assuming there is a trade partner for Wynn. IF BB has someone, I agree and do this all day. 

If for any reason they can't find anyone to trade for Wynn, I would save the money. Resign Karras to a 2-3 year deal and go with a line of Wynn/Karras/Andrews/Mason/Onwenu. You can likely save at least 7M a year that way 

• Like 1

After the receivers list, here are somw UFA's that stick out to me at first skim:

Hasaan Reddick

Ndamukong Suh

Anthony Walker Jr.

MJ Stewart

Anthony Firkser

Austin Johnson

Desmond King

Patrick Richard

DJ Jones

Jonathan Hankins

DaQuon Jones

Darius Williams

Xavier Rhodes

Patrick Peterson

Jacoby Brissett

Tyrod Taylor

Bryce Callahan

Vernon Butler

Brandon Williams

Marcus Williams

Hayden Hurst

Jihad Ward

Ryan Kerrigan

K'Wuan Williams

Kamu Grugier-Hill

Isaac Rochell

PJ Williams

Justin Coleman

Jaylen Reeves-Maybin

Blaine Gabbert

Marlon Mack

Levi Wallace

JD McKissic

Kyler Fackrell

Damien Williams

Colt McCoy

Nate Ebner

Donte Jackson

Kwon Alexander

Justin Ellis

Julie'n Davenport

Mackensie Alexander

Danny Shelton

Noah Brown

Ty Montgomery

Carlton Davis

Tyquan Lewis

Lorenzo Carter

Jerick McKinnon

Nate Hairston

Michael Burton

Jared Norris

Jaleel Johnson

Keion Crossen

JaMycal Hasty

Durham Smythe

Anthony Averett

Dorace Armstrong

Josey Jewell

Dorian O'Daniel

Harrison Phillips

Tracy Walker

Antwaun Woods

Jalyn Holmes

Malik Hooker

Boston Scott

Derrick Nnadi

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crimmage said:

You're assuming there is a trade partner for Wynn. IF BB has someone, I agree and do this all day. 

If for any reason they can't find anyone to trade for Wynn, I would save the money. Resign Karras to a 2-3 year deal and go with a line of Wynn/Karras/Andrews/Mason/Onwenu. You can likely save at least 7M a year that way 

I heard on TV last nigh or vid Perry talking to some Cap guy and he said that the Pats could possibly cut Mason. I have no clue when it comes to cap space. I think it had to do with signing Jackson, not sure.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Would rather him than Bentley.

IMO speaking for BB😁. He's not a good fit. He's only 228LBS. I need big guy at LBs!!!!!

Me asking ----   Any big guys available that can run and so what cover backs? I'm talking guys BB would approve...sort of speak.

37 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I heard on TV last nigh or vid Perry talking to some Cap guy and he said that the Pats could possibly cut Mason. I have no clue when it comes to cap space. I think it had to do with signing Jackson, not sure.

He is one of the highest cap guys on the team.. but he's also very good. I think it's more likely that he gets extended to make cap space. I think he only has one year left on his deal. 

This team doesn't have much depth at guard.. you'd be looking at Ted Karras replacing him? with Onwenu at LG? and Trent at RT? I guess you could make it work.. but doesn't seem likely to me. 

They should extend Mason a couple years, resign Karras a couple years.. then continue to draft some guards late and hope they develop into a starter after 2 years then move on from the older guys.