Targets

DoleINGout

7 hours ago, m haynes said:

IMO speaking for BB😁. He's not a good fit. He's only 228LBS. I need big guy at LBs!!!!!

Me asking ----   Any big guys available that can run and so what cover backs? I'm talking guys BB would approve...sort of speak.

Hasaan Reddick, and he is bulking 10 pounds over the off-season to be 250. Kamu Gruger-Hill, Kyler Fackrell, and Lorenzo Carter also immediately jump out at me.

Azeez is big enough with his play style too that it would work with him here. I think the same can be said about Dorian O'Daniel, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, and Anthony Walker Jr., who is a guy I liked last year in free agency so maybe they go after him this time around.

Jihad Ward and Ryan Kerrigan on the edge can do some linebacker work at times, same with Dorace Armstrong I suppose but they already have Ronnie Perkins among others for that depth, or so we hope.

Josey Jewell can probably get by well enough if Bruschi and Mayo could. Lastly of note is Jared Norris from WFT. A special teams LB primarily but big enoigu to get it done when called upon on defense.

7 hours ago, Crimmage said:

This team doesn't have much depth at guard.. you'd be looking at Ted Karras replacing him? with Onwenu at LG? and Trent at RT? I guess you could make it work.. but doesn't seem likely to me. 

Probably lock Karras in at LG. Onwenu at a tackle spot or just plug right in at RG with Brown at RT. I am not opposed to this at all and think it is feasible enough to talk about/consider.

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 1

I don't see how Zay Jones or Kirk are really upgrades over what they have, just average NFL talents capable of filling a role. Meyers, Bourne and Agholor all fit that mold, they're not missing that kind of player, they're missing some elite speed and a true number 1 target who can reliably get open and/or make the contested catches.

Keep Bourne & Meyers, jettison Agholor, see if you can get Isabella for some speed, and go hard after either Godwin or Ridley (maybe Mike Williams, if SD let him hit the market).

Jihad Ward and Ryan Kerrigan on the edge can do some linebacker work at times, same with Dorace Armstrong I suppose but they already have Ronnie Perkins among others for that depth, or so we hope.

I doubt Kerrigan would come here, this isn't the team for ring-chasing vets anymore. He's more likely to replace JPP in Tampa I would say.

Edited by ChazStandard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

You're the second or third person in this thread underestimating what Kirk does compares to the guys the Patriots have.

He's not especially fast, he doesn't have note worthy hands, and he's not even big. After four years in the league he's yet to put up a thousand yards, even as the de facto no 1 in a 17 game season, and couldn't even beat out a 35 or 36 year old Fitz for targets his first two years. He's a decent NFL receiver, but he's not going to be a number 1 guy, if he were he'd have become one by now. I just don't see what he brings to the table that isn't already there.

13 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

He's not especially fast, he doesn't have note worthy hands, and he's not even big. After four years in the league he's yet to put up a thousand yards, even as the de facto no 1 in a 17 game season, and couldn't even beat out a 35 or 36 year old Fitz for targets his first two years. He's a decent NFL receiver, but he's not going to be a number 1 guy, if he were he'd have become one by now. I just don't see what he brings to the table that isn't already there.

put his first 4 years up against Diggs first 4 years

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

4.47 isn't fast?

Now that Kirk is being brought up a lot.. I have a question for everyone discussing. 

Are you just going over stats / measurables / highlights or have some of you watched the Cardinals extensively over the last few years?

If you look at stats he's nothing special and I've watched maybe 3 Cardinals games in the last 2 years.. and I haven't left with any wow moments from him.. so I'm just curious if you've got specific examples of his growth and potential for the future 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

put his first 4 years up against Diggs first 4 years

…and they are worse in every respect.

But even if they weren’t, you could also put them up against Davone Bess’ first 4 years, one player making a leap does not mean any one from a similar start will. The vast majority of players who appear average after 4 years appear average after years 5, 6 or 7 too.

I just don’t see anything from Kirk that puts him in Diggs class…and neither does the Arizona coaching staff, or they wouldn’t have traded for Nuk, Ertz and signed AJ Green, plus drafted Isabella and Moore.

22 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

…and they are worse in every respect.

But even if they weren’t, you could also put them up against Davone Bess’ first 4 years, one player making a leap does not mean any one from a similar start will. The vast majority of players who appear average after 4 years appear average after years 5, 6 or 7 too.

I just don’t see anything from Kirk that puts him in Diggs class…and neither does the Arizona coaching staff, or they wouldn’t have traded for Nuk, Ertz and signed AJ Green, plus drafted Isabella and Moore.

You arent looking close enough.

Diggs had a MUCH higher touch count with 440 targets to Kirks 358. Even with that share he managed just 600 more yards. If you give Kirk the same amount of targets, factor in his LOWER catch rate to Diggs and apply his 12.3 yards per catch and Kirk outpaces Digs by 63.7 yards. With the same workload, they are remarkably similar players. Diggs has just always been the go to guy while Kirk has had Larry Fitzgerald and Nuke ahead of him. 

They also profile nearly identically and have had similar highlight deep ball and tough catch plays. It's kinda uncanny. Is it a guarantee that Kirk would break out like Diggs? Absolutely not. However, it does prove that you can't discount him. Watch him play and you can see how easy he makes it for the QB. He always has massive separation and a cushion to throw into. He is extremely versatile in his route running and alignment, running slot plays, seam plays, sideline plays, etc etc. He can also take the cap off the defense on a go route. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Now that Kirk is being brought up a lot.. I have a question for everyone discussing. 

Are you just going over stats / measurables / highlights or have some of you watched the Cardinals extensively over the last few years?

If you look at stats he's nothing special and I've watched maybe 3 Cardinals games in the last 2 years.. and I haven't left with any wow moments from him.. so I'm just curious if you've got specific examples of his growth and potential for the future 

He was great individually out of the slot this season. He has grown as an individual and as a player since beinf drafted. I wasn't a fan of his as much in college and in his first two seasons I thought he'd be a bust. He made mistakes and grew from them and now he looks like he is ready to really make a jump next season in the right system to being a top slot receiver in the league.

19 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I'm not saying your right or wrong that goes to you to @DoleINGout, but I can't see how you can judge any player on the Cards with that fraud of a coach. I said when they signed him he was going to shine, the next best thing. Than they played the Pats and as watched. I couldn't believe how bad they looked. Here's his play book, it has one page!!! Kyler Murray run around see who's open,if not run!!!!!  And the PO game, I think he forget his 1 page offense!!!

I will say this I liked Kirk coming out of college, thought perfect Slot WR for the Pats.  Isabella IMO wow everyone with his speed and SR Bowl. To me that like being MVP of a All Star game. I would of drafted him (flyer) in the 6/7 RD.