Targets

DoleINGout

The Harry for Isabella swap has seemed like a no brainer for years .. both teams seem like they would prefer the other player in their system. 

Trading Harry and the Pats save around 1M in cap space.. cutting him and I think it's only 100-200k. 

Isabella is still very fast and has room for development. Seems like a decent flyer to take if they can't get better for Harry. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

The Harry for Isabella swap has seemed like a no brainer for years .. both teams seem like they would prefer the other player in their system. 

Trading Harry and the Pats save around 1M in cap space.. cutting him and I think it's only 100-200k. 

Isabella is still very fast and has room for development. Seems like a decent flyer to take if they can't get better for Harry. 

I would love Isabella, not because he’s gonna produce huge numbers, but because he’s just a next level of speed that we haven’t had for a long time, could maybe fill a Scotty Miller type role.

50 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I would love Isabella, not because he’s gonna produce huge numbers, but because he’s just a next level of speed that we haven’t had for a long time, could maybe fill a Scotty Miller type role.

I agree, last season before they signed Agholor I really thought they would trade Harry for him to do all of the things Agholor did ( clear out space in the middle of the field). Would have certainly been a much cheaper option

On 1/19/2022 at 9:07 PM, DoleINGout said:

Allen Lazard

Would put him off the list and say he represents an upgrade at WR but he may be a little costly and he is a little injury prone and slowish. Sounds bad, I know, but he is a fantastic receiver who does everything well. I like his size and consistency as two obvious advantages over what the Pats trotted out this season. 

I wouldn't mind poaching Isaiah Mckenzie away from the Bills. Last year was probably the year to do it (surprised he didn't get much interest in free agency), but I feel like he's a talented player that could thrive in a bigger role. Plus he would add some speed to our offense that we desperately need.

• Like 2

I think my favorite target for the Patriots at receiver this off-season, in terms of free agency, is D.J. Chark.

Things haven’t went as well as hoped in Jacksonville, but it’s Jacksonville right? 😎

6’4”, stretchy arms on a lanky frame of the 2019 Pro Bowler. He averages 14 yards a catch despite rocky quarterback play/offensive play calling.

He’s a big-play threat and would be another red zone target for Mac Jones.

Posted combine numbers of … 40 Yard Dash: 4.34, 20 Yard Split: 2.54 seconds, 10 Yard Split: 1.51 seconds with a 40 inch vertical and 129” broad jump.

He has, however, been unable to play and finish a full season in his career since he left LSU…

then again,

Allen Robinson, Mike Williams, OBJ, Chris Godwin, Davante Adams, Will Fuller, JuJu, and literally every other free agent receiver we could want has been bitten by the injury bug before.

He should definitely be more affordable than any of the aforementioned receivers, as well 🤑 … and if we can save some money anywhere, and Bob Kraft is feeling spendy again in March … 🤔?

• 3 weeks later...

Say that, James White and Brandon Bolden both depart this off-season…

How would we feel about bringing in David Johnson? Yes, you don’t need to state the obvious about how health has been hampered and he’s not the same guy he was in 2016…

but he can catch out of the backfield. He’s tough to bring down.

Have to wonder how Bill feels about him in 2022, but he was definitely a fan of his. (see link below)

Damien Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, David Johnson, etc? I could get behind that

https://www.bostonherald.com/2016/09/05/bill-belichick-impressed-with-cardinals-rb-david-johnson/

On 2/27/2022 at 11:22 AM, DaPatsKid98 said:

Say that, James White and Brandon Bolden both depart this off-season…

How would we feel about bringing in David Johnson? Yes, you don’t need to state the obvious about how health has been hampered and he’s not the same guy he was in 2016…

but he can catch out of the backfield. He’s tough to bring down.

Have to wonder how Bill feels about him in 2022, but he was definitely a fan of his. (see link below)

Damien Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, David Johnson, etc? I could get behind that

https://www.bostonherald.com/2016/09/05/bill-belichick-impressed-with-cardinals-rb-david-johnson/

Dead set against it. Reason 4th RD you can get a future star who will be a whole lot cheaper than Johnson. Also he's not worth spending the money if he see what 10 plays a game. Go with a rookie

46 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Greg Bedard with the Boston Sports Journal reporting that….

The Patriots are eyeing WR Robby Anderson, and if a deal can be reached, NE plans to move on from Nelson Agholor.

thoughts??

He crashed with the Panthers. I not sure but I think the blame goes on the offense which terrible. In the past I thought he would be a great addition for the Pats.

As they say if the price is right "vet Min" or a cap friendly deal, I would bring him into camp.

Agholor.  I have no idea how the caps works but i have seen on this board that they can't cut him they have to trade him.

you only save 5M cutting Agholor .. you save 9M trading him. I do believe a team would be willing to trade for him, 1 yr 9M isn't terrible if they believe they can use him better. If I'm a team like the Raiders.. I would trade a 4th for him all day. He has shown he can do well there and they need a replacement for Ruggs. 

Anderson makes no sense unless he is cut 

• Like 1