2022 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

On 7/4/2022 at 7:55 AM, 101Raider said:

Im worried that the success of our season is going to fall onto 2 shoulders: Leatherwood and Abrams.

On offense, having a misfit on the edge is going to be brutal with Bosa/Mack, Chubb/Gregory and Clark/Karlaftis (admittedly less worried about the Chiefs than the other 2).  If Carr is getting constantly blownup, having elite skill players is going to be less meaningful.

on defense, I actually am pretty optimistic that we made significant improvements. Yet, having a huge liability against the pass in a league with Mahomes, Wilson and Herbert is going to hurt us badly.

I’m not ready to toss Leatherwood out yet, but I’m pretty sure that Abrams is not our answer. Hopefully Harmon turns out to be a baller.

I think Harmon is an average vet. That is better than a liability. Gillespie a wildcard here, they must like him to overlook bringing in someone else in free agency. 

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Harmon is an average vet. That is better than a liability. Gillespie a wildcard here, they must like him to overlook bringing in someone else in free agency. 

I would not make the assumption that there is a reason to overlook a deficiency with this team.  Seems to happen every year no matter who is in control.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I would not make the assumption that there is a reason to overlook a deficiency with this team.  Seems to happen every year no matter who is in control.

there has been quality free agent vet safeties, yet the team has avoided adding anyone. I assume they are high on the group. It's far from a sure thing, but I see potential there: Could Abram be coached up in a new scheme, can Gillespie break out after an injury riddled rookie year, maybe one of the UDFA balls out, Teamer wasn't bad when he was given a chance. Of course those are all questions. I don't see any potential  or ceiling in Leavitt(lol), and I think Moehrig makes another jump to play at a pro bowl level.  There's been free agents who are average, but we overlooked being aggressive in that regard. We have been aggressive in signing cheap vets across the depth chart too. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

that doesn't surprise me about Billings. He's been a solid NT in the NFL. Everyone says rookie DTs need a year before playing time. I expect Billings and Hankins to be the 1-2 punch at nose. I'm not expecting much from 4th and 5th round rookie lineman in year 1. I dont think the Raiders are either, which is why they brought in so many average vets. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, Humble_Beast said:
Depth Chart Analysis

Offense: Starter Primary Backup       IR  
QB Carr Stidham       McCormick  
RB Jacobs Zeus Abdullah Bolden Brown Turner  
FB Johnson         Parker  
WR Adams Cole       Kiser  
WR Hollins         Jenkins  
Slot Renfrow Johnson       Averett  
TE Waller Moreau Horsted        
LT Miller Barton