2022 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chris Godwin will get a bigger deal than Allen Robinson in free agency, imo. He's 3 years younger, has been more consistent, and more productive. 

Robinson has better seasons with garbage QB's and being the true #1. Godwin had Evans opposite him and played with the GOAT at QB.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I agree that we need to get better at WR. I genuinely don't think that Green Bay just allows Adams to walk so our best bets are likely going to be Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, or DJ Chark via free agency. Or trading for DK Metcalf or Calvin Ridley, both who have reasonable cap hits but will need new contracts. I personally would prefer to trade for Metcalf and then take a flier on someone like Will Fuller. 

Metcalf, Fuller, Renfrow, Jones, and Edwards would be by far the best WR group that Carr has ever had.

That would be nuts. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I agree that we need to get better at WR. I genuinely don't think that Green Bay just allows Adams to walk so our best bets are likely going to be Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, or DJ Chark via free agency. Or trading for DK Metcalf or Calvin Ridley, both who have reasonable cap hits but will need new contracts. I personally would prefer to trade for Metcalf and then take a flier on someone like Will Fuller. 

Metcalf, Fuller, Renfrow, Jones, and Edwards would be by far the best WR group that Carr has ever had.

I agree, can’t see GB letting him walk without a tag and trade at minimum.. I would trade our first for him or DK though, but also don’t see that scenario as likely either with Carroll not walking away or getting fired signaling some sort of rebuild there.. 

I think most logical/non pipe dream scenario is ARob/Mike Williams/Chark with a WR in 1st or 2nd round with the amount of talent coming out at that position this year.. Don’t get me wrong, I like a guy like Zay for depth, but I don’t think he has any business as a starter/split snaps sort of role.. We need talent with the loss of Ruggs and we saw what happened once teams started doubling Renfrow and Waller.. Couple that with the lack of pass protection, lack of separation, lack of trust in the 50/50 ball DC was tossing up prior to Ruggs being released.. if Adams is a possibility then go for it but if not, there has to be an influx of legit talent.. Metcalf, Fuller, Renfrow, Edwards, Jones would be nice though.. Just don’t know if Fuller can stay healthy enough, but at least we’d still have a true #1 in DK. 

14 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

I agree, can’t see GB letting him walk without a tag and trade at minimum.. I would trade our first for him or DK though, but also don’t see that scenario as likely either with Carroll not walking away or getting fired signaling some sort of rebuild there.. 

I think most logical/non pipe dream scenario is ARob/Mike Williams/Chark with a WR in 1st or 2nd round with the amount of talent coming out at that position this year.. Don’t get me wrong, I like a guy like Zay for depth, but I don’t think he has any business as a starter/split snaps sort of role.. We need talent with the loss of Ruggs and we saw what happened once teams started doubling Renfrow and Waller.. Couple that with the lack of pass protection, lack of separation, lack of trust in the 50/50 ball DC was tossing up prior to Ruggs being released.. if Adams is a possibility then go for it but if not, there has to be an influx of legit talent.. Metcalf, Fuller, Renfrow, Edwards, Jones would be nice though.. Just don’t know if Fuller can stay healthy enough, but at least we’d still have a true #1 in DK. 

There have been rumors circulating that the Seahawks are likely going to trade Metcalf this offseason. He's going into the last year of his rookie deal and is seeking a big extension this off-season, reportedly something like 5 yr/$110M. 

Mike Williams will almost certainly be a Charger next year, they'll either franchise tag him or give him a big new deal. 

If we're looking to spend big on a WR, Chris Godwin and Allen Robinson are the two most likely, realistic possibilities. Followed by guys like Christian Kirk, DJ Chark, and Michael Gallup on smaller deals. IMO our best option would probably be to pay Chris Godwin big money and then take a flier deal on Will Fuller so that we don't have to go WR early in the draft.

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Robinson has better seasons with garbage QB's and being the true #1. Godwin had Evans opposite him and played with the GOAT at QB.

Robinson is going to be 29 years old, coming off of a down, injury plagued season. 

Over the last 4 seasons...

Godwin: 306 receptions, 4,118 yards (13.4 ypc), 28 TD

Robinson: 293 receptions, 3,561 yards (12.1 ypc), 18 TD

Two of those seasons Godwin was playing with Winston, he was on pace for over 1,000 yards last year but missed 4 games and was on pace for 1,350 yards this season but missed 4 games. 

Robinson will certainly get a large deal but he's already older now and at the tail end of his prime, Godwin is 3 years younger. Robinson's numbers throughout his career have also been inflated because he played on meh teams and had such a high target share, for his career he has only caught 58.3% of his targets, Godwin has caught 71%. 

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Robinson is going to be 29 years old, coming off of a down, injury plagued season. 

Two of those seasons Godwin was playing with Winston, he was on pace for over 1,000 yards last year but missed 4 games and was on pace for 1,350 yards this season but missed 4 games. 

Robinson will certainly get a large deal but he's already older now and at the tail end of his prime, Godwin is 3 years younger. Robinson's numbers throughout his career have also been inflated because he played on meh teams and had such a high target share, for his career he has only caught 58.3% of his targets, Godwin has caught 71%. 

First don't act like Winston wasn't throwing 30 plus td's and completing 70% of his passes. Robinsons QB could barely complete 50% of their passes. Now I like Godwin but we have other weapons that will make him a great fit and much more effective. But beware of a guy who hasn't done it on his own.

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’m down for one or the other plus Fuller if no chance at Adams.. I do think ARob has some good years ahead of him still, and agree that he’s never had a QB worth his weight in marbles throwing him the ball and has still typically put up good numbers.. Don’t need to hear David Carr spouting off in the media however to realize that we need to give DC some talent at WR and OLine.. 

15 hours ago, raidr4life said:

First don't act like Winston wasn't throwing 30 plus td's and completing 70% of his passes. Robinsons QB could barely complete 50% of their passes. Now I like Godwin but we have other weapons that will make him a great fit and much more effective. But beware of a guy who hasn't done it on his own.

In Robinson's most productive season, Bortles had 4,500 yards and 35 TD, that was the year they made the AFC Championship game and nearly upset the Patriots to make the Super Bowl. In Godwin's most productive season Winston was extremely inaccurate and IIRC he set the NFL record for turnovers. I'd be fine with either one but Robinson is entering the tail end of his prime and was terrible this season.

15 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

I’m down for one or the other plus Fuller if no chance at Adams.. I do think ARob has some good years ahead of him still, and agree that he’s never had a QB worth his weight in marbles throwing him the ball and has still typically put up good numbers.. Don’t need to hear David Carr spouting off in the media however to realize that we need to give DC some talent at WR and OLine.. 

I'll take Robinson, Godwin, Mike Williams, anyone damn near. We just need a legit baller at WR.

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Hopefully McDaniels can convince JC Jackson to come to Vegas 

Also hear me out guys…… OT Trent Brown 😂😂😂

If Mayo is brought in as the DC, I think that JC Jackson is a realistic possibility. I also think that Mayo coming in as the DC is realistic, huge promotion that would really improve his resume for the next head coach hiring cycle. 

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Chris Godwin will get a bigger deal than Allen Robinson in free agency, imo. He's 3 years younger, has been more consistent, and more productive. 

Allen Robinson‘s obviously better but the NFL won’t see it that way come free agency. So there’s a potential that we could luck out with Allen Robinson add a pretty cost-effective deal