2022 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

22 hours ago, Rolni said:

I think Ferrell is not an ideal fit for this D as a RDE, but he could play there and might surprise us...

Ferrell has the height and length IMO for the role. He is 6'4 34 and 1/4 arms with 10 and 1/2 hands. 

Bilal Nichols for example is 6'4 with 33 and 1/2 arms and 10 and 1/4 hands.

Maxx Crosby is a bit taller at 6'5 but has shorter arms and smaller hands. We talk about The Condor here!

Christian Wilkins who plays RDE for Miami in base D is 6'4 with only 32 and 1/2 arms and 9 and 3/4 hands.

Leonard Williams who played this RDE role for PG with the Giants is 6'5 with 34 and 3/4 arms with 10 and 3/4 hands, so he is definately bigger and longer, but as you can see Ferrell is longer a bit like Nichols or Wilkins for example.

Obviously length is not the only criteria for the role, but if you count in that Ferrell was regarded a really strong DE coming out from Clemson at 265 and his biggest strenght was run D early on he just might be able to play the position for us if he can get up around 280-290 pounds. He was reportedly up to 275 in his second year with us, so I think it is possible for him to get above 280-290 with a full offseason of strength program and proper diet.

At 6'4 290 with his long arms, he might be able to play that RDE role for us in base and some DT in nickel, what he already done before. 

As of now, he wouldn't be viewed as a quality starter by the media or by us fans, but with this new staff and with this new scheme he might surprise us.

With the players we currently have under contract I would expect Nichols to be the LDT, Billings to be the NT and Ferrell to be the RDE. With that said I think Nichols best position with us would be RDE and I would welcome Hankins back to LDT before I would put Ferrell in at RDE.

I think a Nichols-Billings-Hankins trio would be better then the Ferrell-Billings-Nichols. Then again we can't be too sure about Billings as a starter neither, so I would be really cautious with any projection at this point in time. Hopefully we bring in a few veterans to the DL in the upcoming days... 

I just don’t see the fit for Ferrell as a 3-4 DE under Grahams scheme. I think he’s more likely to lose weight and be a rotational DE behind Crosby and Jones with Koonce. 

If we don’t re-sign Hankins, then players like Gholston, Nnadi or Jarran Reed might be better fits for the DL.

If Donta Hightower remains unsigned I wonder how much he would cost and if Graham would make a move. 

If that is the mentality going in, we will still need some depth at OG and RT. I agree that Simpson is just not that good, we should bring in legit competition for the OG spot and an RT insurance policy in case Leatherwood flops. 

On 3/20/2022 at 4:04 AM, Dessie said:

I just don’t see the fit for Ferrell as a 3-4 DE under Grahams scheme. I think he’s more likely to lose weight and be a rotational DE behind Crosby and Jones with Koonce. 

If we don’t re-sign Hankins, then players like Gholston, Nnadi or Jarran Reed might be better fits for the DL.

If Donta Hightower remains unsigned I wonder how much he would cost and if Graham would make a move. 

I didn’t even know this but Rashaan Evans is a free agent

On 1/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, Humble_Beast said:
QB Carr Gilbert      
RB Jacobs Drake Bolden Ragas Abdullah
FB Johnson Smith      
WR Adams Hollins J Wims    
WR Edwards T Johnson Stoner    
Slot Renfrow Turner      
TE Waller Moreau Bowers    
LT Miller B Parker      
LG Leatherwood Simpson Cotton    
C James Grasu B Heggie    
RG Good Bars Seymour Meredith  
RT Eluemunor W Sweet Barton    
DE Crosby Ferrell Green    
UT Vickers PJ Johnson      
NT Nichols Billings      
DE C Jones Koonce      
WLB Deablo        
MLB Perryman Kiser      
SLB Fackrell  March-Lillard      
CB Rock Averett  LeBlanc    
CB Mullen Phillips      
Slot Hobbs Robertson      
FS Moehrig Leavitt Teamer J Brown  
SS Abram Gillespie Jamerson    
K Carlson        
P Cole        
LS Sieg    

updated 3-21

• Fackrell - will compete to be starting SLB.
  • B Parker- signed to be LT2
  • Gilbert - compete for backup QB3.... camp body 
  • Kiser- former starter on the Rams, much needed depth in the LB Unit 
  • Eluemunor- more of a needed depth piece on the right side 

I like almost all the moves, added much needed depth. 

• I hope we attack DT unit next, let we did with the two LBS. could use 2 solid vets for depth. 
  • would like to bring in a 3rd safety/someone to compete with Abram 
  • another LB would be nice for depth 
  • really NEED a RT
  • would be down for Gillmore, Honey Badger, or Trae Waynes 
  • I have interest in D Carrier, S Thomas, Philon, McCoy, Patrick O possibly being Brought back