Giants to hire Bills Asst GM Joe Schoen as GM

Trentwannabe

7 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Maybe, but you've got to remember that Schoen's roots into the NFL was through Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland in Miami.  So there's that tree to consider, too - which is likely also giving a lot of fuel to the Flores fire.

Yeah the guys he’s been connected too all make sense. I had forgotten Quinn was in Miami once. 

18 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

It’s funny cause if the Bills had lost to the Ravens there’s also a good chance Frazier and not Culley got the job in Houston. 

A lot of that also had to do with the less than cordial relationship between Frazier and Lovie Smith, the Texans DC.

23 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

It’s funny cause if the Bills had lost to the Ravens there’s also a good chance Frazier and not Culley got the job in Houston. 

No, I don’t think the Texans hire Frazier. They had a chance at equally enticing candidates including Staley, Eberflus, and even Joe Brady. I think they went with the obvious fall guy in Culley.

19 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Im so happy for Schoen... he has helped turn this around. And im am stoked that we have a guy the caliber as Brian Gaine ready to fill the role as AGM. 

Now helpfully Shoen will give us a great deal on a trade for Barkley

A 4th and he's yours. 

Good hire. I wanted Peters, but Schoen seemed to be the Mara's guy from the beginning. There's a really good article about him in the athletic about how hard he works. 

Now let's get Daboll or Flores and get to work. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Why not both?! If Flores doesn’t get a HC gig elsewhere I could see him landing as a DC on Daboll staff if he becomes the HC. They must have crossed paths in NE.

That would be very unlikely. Giants’ current DC, is Patrick Graham, from the same Patriots family, and was the DC for Flores before Judge got hired.

• Like 1

I think Schoen is a good pick. It inspires more hope than the Gettleman hire, that's for sure. He knows his scouting and knows how to talk to players. His ties to Parcells (through the Dolphins) are probably reassuring to Mara. He'll also have plenty of good, or at least interesting, HC candidates to choose from.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I completely forgot about Graham. 

With how his defense performed this year, I don't blame you. Graham's job definitely isn't safe.