Ravens fire DC Wink Martindale

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Makes all the sense in the world. They should be at least somewhat familiar with one another given Vic's long history with Jim.

Wasn't Fangio pretty pissed off with Harbaugh and the Ravens this season? Maybe he won't want to go there. At least I hope not...

Could see Zimmer going there, which I'd also hate.

• Like 2

Just now, DawgX said:

Wasn't Fangio pretty pissed off with Harbaugh and the Ravens this season? Maybe he won't want to go there. At least I hope not...

They definitely had some words. Not sure how much it carried over and whatnot, but I had forgotten about that. 

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

He was pissed but they’re adults, I imagine they can bury the hatchet if it means winning games 

On 1/21/2022 at 6:39 PM, Dome said:

If the Saints lose Dennis Allen I would love to give him a look. We have the DB talent (talent across the board really) to help mask some of the flaws he’s previously been able to mask with DB talent.

I could see it. But I also think that Ryan Nielsen is the prince that was promised and I’d probably go in that direction

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Very true. Nielsen is a great option too.

If I had to bet, based on what I've read so far:

1. Anthony Weaver - current DL Coach and very liked. Ravens love hiring from within
  2. Mike MacDonald - current DC for the University of Michigan. Previous ILB's coach for us who took the job at Michigan and also well liked. Semi-internal hire
  3. Chris Hewitt - current Secondary/Defensive Pass Game Coordinator coach. Another promote from within
  4. Some external hire

23 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If I had to bet, based on what I've read so far:

1. Anthony Weaver - current DL Coach and very liked. Ravens love hiring from within
  2. Mike MacDonald - current DC for the University of Michigan. Previous ILB's coach for us who took the job at Michigan and also well liked. Semi-internal hire
  3. Chris Hewitt - current Secondary/Defensive Pass Game Coordinator coach. Another promote from within
  4. Some external hire

Joe Cullen?