2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, BakeSpeaks said:

Waller is under contract for 2 more years. We can definitely sign Adams for 3-4 years, let wallers contract ride out and then make that decision.

But im also fine with not getting adams and spending that money on a tackle and a lower tier WR.

Would love to grab Ross in the 3rd.

The thing about Waller though: I see him playing under contract this year due to the fact that he got hurt for most of the season but in like 2023 I could see him holding out.

You can move Denzelle good over at right tackle if you have somebody like Davante Adams. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

The thing about Waller though: I see him playing under contract this year due to the fact that he got hurt for most of the season but in like 2023 I could see him holding out.

You can move Denzelle good over at right tackle if you have somebody like Davante Adams. 

I don't think it makes sense to project players holding out.  I haven't seen any indication that this would be the case.

I also think Davante gets closer to 23 than 30. 

28 minutes ago, BakeSpeaks said:

I don't think it makes sense to project players holding out.  I haven't seen any indication that this would be the case.

No chance he gets less than Dhop gets, i suspect GB will free up the cap to tag him anyway especially to keep Aaron 

2 hours ago, BakeSpeaks said:

You just have to be realistic when a player isn’t really getting paid much in comparison to where he ranks 

like Devante is not going to take less than Hopkins who is older than him

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BakeSpeaks said:

Waller is under contract for 2 more years. We can definitely sign Adams for 3-4 years, let wallers contract ride out and then make that decision.

But im also fine with not getting adams and spending that money on a tackle and a lower tier WR.

Would love to grab Ross in the 3rd.

yeah, i meant crosby/renfrow.. my bad. 

but waller, crosby, jameson williams/burks and chark looks pretty nice too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Thing with Adams is not only are you gonna have to pay him, but the draft capital you're giving up to get him. Just to much at the end of the day. Here's at least 25 million a year and two first rounds picks... To expensive 

rather pay for the best wideout in the NFL than Waller

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Hopefully the Raiders can get out of the Ruggs dead money. Don't think there is a chance that happen with Arnette. To be able to get that 4.8 in cap space back with Ruggs would be huge

I highly doubt we get back that Signing Bonus money (4.8M).  The way I understand it we need to actually receive the money back from Ruggs for the dead cap hit to go away.  That ain’t gonna happen.  He’s already moved all his money around to protect himself from Lawsuits and potentially is going after him.  I’d find it a low down move to say we’ll support him then sue him for the signing bonus.

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Hopefully the Raiders can get out of the Ruggs dead money. Don't think there is a chance that happen with Arnette. To be able to get that 4.8 in cap space back with Ruggs would be huge

NFL takes forever to forgive that stuff. Also not totally sure why they would.

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I highly doubt we get back that Signing Bonus money (4.8M).  The way I understand it we need to actually receive the money back from Ruggs for the dead cap hit to go away.  That ain’t gonna happen.  He’s already moved all his money around to protect himself from Lawsuits and potentially is going after him.  I’d find it a low down move to say we’ll support him then sue him for the signing bonus.

We should sue the **** off him, give the actual money to the victims family naturally but for the cap and principle? Yeah

I can think of a few other things that are slightly more low down moves relating to Ruggs. 

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I say go big on one CB, let Mullen be the CB2, and another year of Abram. Go cheap on SLB too since we prolly run alot of nickel either Morrow or KJ at that spot. 

Abrams can go, I'd like to sign Jordan Whitehead to play the other safety spot and a top flight CB