2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

Gilmore would.hr mind blowing. But I'm still concerned about our oline, it was widely considered our biggest crutch last year. 

Got smart guys running this team now. Have to believe there is a plan in place for that. They probably just want to get this done before that. 

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Gilmore would be mind blowing. But I'm still concerned about our oline, it was widely considered our biggest crutch last year. 

My thoughts:. Given the WRs we have I believe it's going to be three-five step drop and power spike it to one of the big three.  

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Got smart guys running this team now. Have to believe there is a plan in place for that. They probably just want to get this done before that. 

The good news is that our problem isn't left tackle our problem is we need them one right tackle or one guard (if Denzel good sticks around). It doesn't have to be expensive. It just can't be Brandon Parker

Edited by Jeremy408

I think we COULD have more money left then people are thinking.  Sure Adam’s got 28.25 APY and Chandler Jones got 17.5M APY….. but they could have smaller 1st year cap hits then the consensus around here is expecting.  

For comparison sakes…. (You can’t really compare players who got extended a year early on rookie deal because teams put some of the new money in the last, cheap year of the rookie deal, such as we did with Kolton Miller and Crosby)

Adams- 5yr, 141.25M

Trent Williams signed 6y,138M (23M APY) with 30M SB and only had a 8.2M cap hit the first year.

Just to compare amount or percentage of deal in the form of a Signing Bonus: Khalil Mack signed a 6y,141M (23.5M APY) with 34M SB.  Joey Bosa signed 5y,135M (27.0M APY) With a 35M SB.  

QIMO it’s likely going to be broken down something like: 5y, 141.5m with 35M SB and 80M.  If he has a 1M salary in year 1, then his cap hit would be 8M.  If we had a 6th void year in the deal then the cap hits only 6.8M.

Chandler Jones- 3y,52.5M (17.5m apy) with 34m guaranteed……

Leonard Williams got 3y,66m (22.0 apy) with 22.5m SB and 1st year cap hit of 9.4M.

Christian Kirk- 4y,72M (18.0 apy) with a 20.0m SB and 1st year cap hit of 7.5m.

So I think it’ll end up 3y, 52.5m with 18m SB and 1st cap hit of 7M for Jones.  18m SB plus a guaranteed at signing 16m in salary and/or roster bonus in year 2 will be the 34m guaranteed.  If we wanted to add 1 void year the cap hit could be as low as 5.5M.  With 2 void years it could be as low as 4.6M.  But I doubt he has void years initially.  

So if Jones costs 7-9M and Adams costs 8-10M that only adds up to 15-19M.

Plus, come June 1 we gain 11.5M from Littleton and $8.0M from 6/1 cutting them…. That’s 19.5M.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think we COULD have more money left then people are thinking.  Sure Adam’s got 28.25 APY and Chandler Jones got 17.5M APY….. but they could have smaller 1st year cap hits then the consensus around here is expecting.  

For comparison sakes…. (You can’t really compare players who got extended a year early on rookie deal because teams put some of the new money in the last, cheap year of the rookie deal, such as we did with Kolton Miller and Crosby)

Adams- 5yr, 141.25M

Trent Williams signed 6y,138M (23M APY) with 30M SB and only had a 8.2M cap hit the first year.

Just to compare amount or percentage of deal in the form of a Signing Bonus: Khalil Mack signed a 6y,141M (23.5M APY) with 34M SB.  Joey Bosa signed 5y,135M (27.0M APY) With a 35M SB.  

QIMO it’s likely going to be broken down something like: 5y, 141.5m with 35M SB and 80M.  If he has a 1M salary in year 1, then his cap hit would be 8M.  If we had a 6th void year in the deal then the cap hits only 6.8M.

Chandler Jones- 3y,52.5M (17.5m apy) with 34m guaranteed……

Leonard Williams got 3y,66m (22.0 apy) with 22.5m SB and 1st year cap hit of 9.4M.

Christian Kirk- 4y,72M (18.0 apy) with a 20.0m SB and 1st year cap hit of 7.5m.

So I think it’ll end up 3y, 52.5m with 18m SB and 1st cap hit of 7M for Jones.  18m SB plus a guaranteed at signing 16m in salary and/or roster bonus in year 2 will be the 34m guaranteed.  If we wanted to add 1 void year the cap hit could be as low as 5.5M.  With 2 void years it could be as low as 4.6M.  But I doubt he has void years initially.  

So if Jones costs 7-9M and Adams costs 8-10M that only adds up to 15-19M.

Plus, come June 1 we gain 11.5M from Littleton and $8.0M from 6/1 cutting them…. That’s 19.5M.

The way I look at it is the Chandler Jones is only getting paid 2 million more then Ngakoue was supposed to get this year. If you factor in the 7 mil in dead money that we have to pay them that means that it's really going to be a total of 9 million this year for the Jones contract

Crosby's money doesn't even count this year because it's an extension. So it's as if he's on a rookie deal this year

Rock ya sin is still on a rookie deal

Averette got paid 4 mil

That means outside of Davante Adams contract we've probably paid about 15

Which means all together we've paid about 43 mil

I think We had around 31 before the cuts but I don't know how much the cuts give us