2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

who are some of your favorite interior defenders and linebackers...

JIM look at our LB depth chart. we have nothing 

I think we will have a thin LB room tbh. I don't think we will run them much. I also wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or more corners signed and one or 2 used at safety. Just from what I've read it wouldn't be out of the question with Graham.

27 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

who are some of your favorite interior defenders and linebackers...

JIM look at our LB depth chart. we have nothing 

Yeah it’s just Perryman and Deablo plus …

Justin March (who? Lol), some scrub who got on the team at the end of the year due to lots of Injuries.  The guy could be cut tomorrow for all we know.  Just like with Kevon Frazier, we had him On the team, resigned him to a futures deal then released him randomly a few weeks later. 

And the thing is…. Graham likes to Use his LBs in many different ways.  Maybe he’s planning on using Abrams as a nickel LB? As long as he doesn’t play Leviitt lol…. Or keep him on the team last 9/1, right? Lol

i would like to see us draft a LB like Brandon Smith.  He’s good at blitzing late and getting there fast.  Plus he played a unique LB/S/slot CB role at Penn State his junior year. He’s not my “guy” in the 3rd, just an idea.  Either way i think we need and will bring in lengthy, athletic LBs but also use 3 safety looks at other times to replace a LB on passing downs.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah it’s just Perryman and Deablo plus …

Justin March (who? Lol), some scrub who got on the team at the end of the year due to lots of Injuries.  The guy could be cut tomorrow for all we know.  Just like with Kevon Frazier, we had him On the team, resigned him to a futures deal then released him randomly a few weeks later. 

And the thing is…. Graham likes to Use his LBs in many different ways.  Maybe he’s planning on using Abrams as a nickel LB? As long as he doesn’t play Leviitt lol…. Or keep him on the team last 9/1, right? Lol

i would like to see us draft a LB like Brandon Smith.  He’s good at blitzing late and getting there fast.  Plus he played a unique LB/S/slot CB role at Penn State his junior year. He’s not my “guy” in the 3rd, just an idea.  Either way i think we need and will bring in lengthy, athletic LBs but also use 3 safety looks at other times to replace a LB on passing downs.

what are your thoughts on Marquel Lee and Patrick O.... could they be brought back as depth 

Something I haven't really seen brought up about the Adams trade. I honestly think if there was a draft to not have a first and second this may be the one to do it. Simply because it's so short on "can't miss" guys. But very deep in good players. 

Edited by BigD1123

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

imagine getting 

Mitchell Swartz out of retirement. Stick it to the Chiefs, and have him play the RT. He is still only 32 

Definitely an interesting idea…. I wonder what his situation is.  My fear is a year off could be great (see Incognito’s 1st year with us) but it also could be a Kyle Long situation, where he’s just done.  I think Schwartz would really have to be nearly fully recovered to do that.  That’s a huge gamble, cuz if he goes down the route Like Long we’re in BIG trouble.  I was hoping we’d get him last offseason, like a lot!  But back injuries will cripple you physically and can come back by just twisting the wrong way.  Heck, it happens to average Joe’s in the front yard doing spring clean up….  So it’s 1000x easier to get re-hurt when playing football.

3 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

Something I haven't really seen brought up about the Adams trade. I honestly think if there was a draft to not have a first and second this may be the one to do it. Simply because it's so short on "can't miss" guys. But very deep in good players. 

I hope without a 1st or 2nd we are really aggressive in UDFA. be nice to land 2-3 undrafted gems 

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

what are your thoughts on Marquel Lee and Patrick O.... could they be brought back as depth 

Lee signed with Buffalo.  He went back to them yesterday, after being on their team for a point In 2021 after we cut him.

I like “8Ball” a lot.  I mean he’s a backup LB but I always thought he had talent and was underrated.  Unfortunately he got hurt and never took the next step with us.  I was pretty stoked on the low when he resigned him Last offseason.  I hoped he’d be resigned but obviously he’s replaceable.  Onwuasor is a solid backup and STer.  You can get away with starting him if needed.  I’d resign him for the minimum.  Especially if we split time in both 34 and 43 sets, as he has experience with both.

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I hope without a 1st or 2nd we are really aggressive in UDFA. be nice to land 2-3 undrafted gems 

I was thinking that too.  Ugh remember when we had the 2019 UDFA class of Andre James, Alex Ingold, AJ Cole, Keisean Nixon, K.Doss, Cotton, Tevon Coney, and a few other guys  were draftable but didn’t get picked.

Then In 2020, a year in which we didn’t have a pick after Amik Robertson at 139 and 7 picks in total so it wasn’t like we had more than a normal draft, we go out and toss almost all the bonus money the team has to distribute on UDFAs on Bowers… so disappointing.  There was some good UDFAs Out there too!  I called signing Eberle the K from Utah State and we did that at least.  I Was just hoping we could give Carlson competition and then Eddie Pinero him to another desperate team.  At least Javin White was an underrated find too.  But I still can’t believe we didn’t get better players to try and develop.  It wasn’t that we didn’t get the top guys…. It was we signed guys that were sooo bad.  Even after all the signings there were still guys available that were significantly better.  Mayock basically gave all the money to bowers and told an intern to sign whoever he wanted cuz mike Was tired and going home, lol.  What made it Even worse was that year they were expanding the practice squad so it was a perfect opportunity to fill out the PS roster with talented young guys.

I Think people under rate the significance of UDFAs.  Look at that ‘19 Class!  It’s noT always an immediate impact but you can develop guys for years 2-3.  There are plenty of UDFAs that easily could have been 4th, 5th round picks but for whatever reason didn’t get picked.  If your smart you can basically pick up the equivalent of a handful of day 3 Picks for free.  Plus, having a good Practice squad with the new rules about allowing 2 guys to dress very week is more important then ever!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

Interesting idea.  I will say the better you get obviously you pick later and when your at 22 it’s a drop from the top 10 talent we’re use to.  Depending on the year there’s often not much difference from a late first and a mid 2nd.  
Id have like to Have kept this 2nd and paid it next year, but it’s ok, not an end of the world thing.   I still think there will be a future starter in round 3 for us.  This draft will have to be about development and depth, not about instant contributors.  I think there will be nice talent to be had in rounds 3-5.  I’m interested to see Ziegler’s approach to drafting.

45 minutes ago, Totty said:

I would love it if Ziegler stepped to the podium and said...

"Raider nation, I saw the clown meme."

Put his shades on and stepped the f out.  

😎

Have him come out and say "I saw the meme, but I'm not the one that got clowned."