2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

14 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I don't think we are going to see o linemen. Lining up to come to the AFC West 😆. Nobody wants that smoke.

say what you want about trent but that’s why i wouldn’t mind bringing him back he has shut down all the defensive ends in our division 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edz209 said:

say what you want about trent but that’s why i wouldn’t mind bringing him back he has shut down all the defensive ends in our division 

Oh he definitely can handle it...for three or four games a season.

I believe Graham has said he wants to have and rotate 5 CBs…

Outside: Mullen, Ya-Sin, Anthony Averett 

Inside: Hobbs, Darius Phillips plus Amik Robertson hoping to make the team.

If we could get Stephon Gilmore that would be a big addition but it’s also one that isn’t absolutely necessary.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I believe Graham has said he wants to have and rotate 5 CBs…

Outside: Mullen, Ya-Sin, Anthony Averett 

Inside: Hobbs, Darius Phillips plus Amik Robertson hoping to make the team.

If we could get Stephon Gilmore that would be a big addition but it’s also one that isn’t absolutely necessary.

it's tough because Mullen missed so much time.. if we lost one cb depth gets scary fast. but i do hear you.. if u said Collins or Gilmore right now id say collins

if you said Gilmore and Williams vs collins itd be tougher call for me. 

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

it's tough because Mullen missed so much time.. if we lost one cb depth gets scary fast. but i do hear you.. if u said Collins or Gilmore right now id say collins

if you said Gilmore and Williams vs collins itd be tougher call for me. 

I will say this though: Amik Robertson in a man coverage scheme might be really good Depth

Just now, FloydFan said:

Seeing a front office just grind like this has been so refreshing. I had honestly forgot what it felt like to have competent leadership over the past several years. 

I am was frustrated that we took the route we did but now that we are on this path we need to go all out.  The team is definitely an upgrade over the garbage Gruden and company would pull off.  3-5 year window here we come.  I hope they have a plan for bringing in talent on a consistent basis through the draft because if not the FA route eventually blows up in your face. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am was frustrated that we took the route we did but now that we are on this path we need to go all out.  The team is definitely an upgrade over the garbage Gruden and company would pull off.  3-5 year window here we come.  I hope they have a plan for bringing in talent on a consistent basis through the draft because if not the FA route eventually blows up in your face. 

Yeah I’m also interested in if they’re going to operate more through FA or the draft in years to come. I think in the modern day of the league you can use either but I also tend to prefer to see teams utilize the draft for their base and FA/trades for the shiny toys typically. I do miss some of the Reggie one year prove it deals. Hopefully we utilize those some for holes at some point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yeah I’m also interested in if they’re going to operate more through FA or the draft in years to come. I think in the modern day of the league you can use either but I also tend to prefer to see teams utilize the draft for their base and FA/trades for the shiny toys typically. I do miss some of the Reggie one year prove it deals. Hopefully we utilize those some for holes at some point. 

RM was such a frustrating GM.  He would make so many shrewd moves that I loved and then he do something completely stupid in the draft.  I wish we would have kept him just to do FA contracts.

• Like 4