2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

RM was such a frustrating GM.  He would make so many shrewd moves that I loved and then he do something completely stupid in the draft.  I wish we would have kept him just to do FA contracts.

Same man. I loved so much about his strategy but he absolutely lost me with his 2nd round draft picks. Year after year you could bank on it being some over drafted project player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Same man. I loved so much about his strategy but he absolutely lost me with his 2nd round draft picks. Year after year you could bank on it being some over drafted project player. 

The 1st round was generally a 2nd round talent and every time there was information that someone was looking at a mid round prospect he liked he would take them a couple rounds to early.  Other teams knew how to play him in the draft and it played out on tv to the point it was obvious to fans.  Shefter would have a breaking story and RM would bite every time.  He needed to be able to walk away and just say that player is not worth it yet.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The 1st round was generally a 2nd round talent and every time there was information that someone was looking at a mid round prospect he liked he would take them a couple rounds to early.  Other teams knew how to play him in the draft and it played out on tv to the point it was obvious to fans.  Shefter would have a breaking story and RM would bite every time.  He needed to be able to walk away and just say that player is not worth it yet.

Which is a shame because he truly did hit it out of the park with that 2014 draft, but after that it was just more and more diminishing returns year after year. The man just was not the person you wanted in charge of drafting. I will always appreciate his contract wizardry and getting us out of the absolute dumpster fire mess Davis had left us in, but those drafts we’re just not sustainable long term.  

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Which is a shame because he truly did hit it out of the park with that 2014 draft, but after that it was just more and more diminishing returns year after year. The man just was not the person you wanted in charge of drafting. I will always appreciate his contract wizardry and getting us out of the absolute dumpster fire mess Davis had left us in, but those drafts we’re just not sustainable long term.  

He could have hired a few of us and this team would have had a lot more talent.  Then again the same can be said about Gruden.  If the team could do a better job of drafting than this board 1 time it would be nice but we seem to do a better job every year I have been here.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

He could have hired a few of us and this team would have had a lot more talent.  Then again the same can be said about Gruden.  If the team could do a better job of drafting than this board 1 time it would be nice but we seem to do a better job every year I have been here.

I’ve never seen anything like Gruden first rounders. Would make a person rather have Matt freaking Millen drafting. 

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

I’ve never seen anything like Gruden first rounders. Would make a person rather have Matt freaking Millen drafting. 

You could never say Carrs needs more weapons then.  We would have 4 1st round WRs on the team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I heard Brandon Parker was resigned.  I hope that isn’t true and if it is it’s just a near minimum deal for depth 

it’s good to hear we’re looking at S.

My guess on the 3 big names: 

Safety - Honey Badger

Corner - Gilmore

OT - Collins (dark horse is Armstead) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

My guess on the 3 big names: 

Safety - Honey Badger

Corner - Gilmore

OT - Collins (dark horse is Armstead) 

I’d bend down on my knees and Ziegler’s naked backside if that happens.

we do have something like 17.7m with averett and Nicol’s not factored in.  We do have Littleton’s 11.75m and nassib’s 8.0m of cap space hitting the books on 6/1 though.

if Ziegler can pull off 3 more big signings he’s amazing,,, I just don’t see it fitting based on the numbers.

40 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I heard Brandon Parker was resigned.  I hope that isn’t true and if it is it’s just a near minimum deal for depth 

it’s good to hear we’re looking at S.

Parker as a backup LT is a good move.  He is still garbage on the right.