2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I hope this is true but I have no idea how we could pull this off with our current cap space.  Does anyone have any idea as to what players he is referring to and how much cap space we have left?  

I would imagine IF this is true, it will be along with a Carr extension that lowers his current cap hit. I believe I read this morning we have like 18 mill in space but that wasn’t factoring in a couple smaller signings.

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

I would imagine IF this is true, it will be along with a Carr extension that lowers his current cap hit. I believe I read this morning we have like 18 mill in space but that wasn’t factoring in a couple smaller signings.

Averett was supposedly 1y, 4m and Nichols 2y, 11m with 9 guaranteed.  But sometimes those 1y,4m announced deals end up being 4m with incentives and the cap hit is only 2.5ish M.  We see it all the time.  That said, I Think Averett got a full 4m deal.  Assuming, Averett costs 4m And Nichols costs 4.5m that leaves only just above 9.5M until 6/1 when we get Nassib and Littleton’s contracts off the books.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Averett was supposedly 1y, 4m and Nichols 2y, 11m with 9 guaranteed.  But sometimes those 1y,4m announced deals end up being 4m with incentives and the cap hit is only 2.5ish M.  We see it all the time.  That said, I Think Averett got a full 4m deal.  Assuming, Averett costs 4m And Nichols costs 4.5m that leaves only just above 9.5M until 6/1 when we get Nassib and Littleton’s contracts off the books.

Yeah I figured it was something like that! I think that the hang up from other signings is them waiting for a Carr extension, that is if there really are other signings on deck. 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I hope this is true but I have no idea how we could pull this off with our current cap space.  Does anyone have any idea as to what players he is referring to and how much cap space we have left?  

Watch the big name be Trent Brown LOL

The corner is going to obviously be Stephon Gilmore(Who is market has seem to have dried up hopefully)

i’m hoping the safeties either the honey badger or Jabrill peppers

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Only if Carr's new contract has a low 1st year salary

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's amazing. Throw in Waller and maybe a mid round speedster and we're cooking.

Absolutely.  I just started to think about how Adam’s’ addition and McDaniel’s scheme, which loves to utilize TEs, changes  or effects Waller’s role.  
Waller has had 117, 145, and 93 targets.  but 93 in 11 games last yea prorates out to 135 targets in 16g.  So he averaged 7.3, 9.0, 8.5 targets a game.  I think his targets drops slightly and resembles the 7.3 year, but there deeper targets.

he was the #1 option, by a wide margin, the last 3 years.  Gruden loved to get him the ball on very quick throws and he excelled at that.  I think McDaniels continues this but it think there’s a possibility that we see Waller used more down there seem on posts, etc.  With Waller as an in-line TE and Renfrow in the slot plus Adams aligned outside you can do interesting things with forcing teams to roll Coverages.  If you put Waller and Renfrow on the right and Adams on the left it will Force teams to choose who to double or send the safety towards.  

That said…. As you said… if we can add a WR with speed it really makes it near impossible to shut the offense down.  Having a brilliant play designer and caller in McDaniels will Make this offense elite.  I think the offense will be centered on play calling and formations which give a chosen player very favorable routes.  What I mean by this is there will be plays which get Adams 1v1 opportunities with limited safety help.  On other plays Waller will have the favorable matchup.  

But if we can add a WR that can force safeties to play deep or during the play they have to seriously be concerned with getting beat…. That will open up the middle of the field up for our TRIO make catches all day long.  
It doesn’t have to be a great WR either, just someone that can get deep.  Even if it’s a 1 trick pony like John Ross or someone like Will Fuller or an aging TY Hilton or Desean Jackson, or Mid round pick like Tyquan Thornton, Velus Jones, etc.  it can be a 1 trick pony as long as that trick works when needed, or the threat of the trick works to draw the safety back.

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

I don’t mind Brandon Parker as a swing OT. Just don’t want him starting for long stretches. 

If they think Leathewood can be a tackle with better coaching, might be worth getting him on a cheap deal. Having Leatherwood, Good and Parker. Hopefully one of them is okay with a new o-line coach. Maybe with the June 1st money we might get a vet or get a steal in the draft. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Watch the big name be Trent Brown LOL

The corner is going to obviously be Stephon Gilmore(Who is market has seem to have dried up hopefully)

i’m hoping the safeties either the honey badger or Jabrill peppers

If we can pull off Trent Brown, Gilmore and badger that would be a massive FA haul for JM and Ziegler.  We all know Brown is a crap shoot as he can't stay on the field but for that reason I believe he can be acquired for not much.