2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

49 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Id take Kearse, Gilmore, Daryl williams and Brown. adds depth at OT/guard. 

then draft velus jones or calvin austin in 4th and we looking good

I’m all in on Velus. He was great for UT when people could actually get him the ball. Guarantano was absolute garbage and Hooker was good but only there for a year with him. Velus always popped when he was on the field even if he was being overthrown by five yards consistently. 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we can pull off Trent Brown, Gilmore and badger that would be a massive FA haul for JM and Ziegler.  We all know Brown is a crap shoot as he can't stay on the field but for that reason I believe he can be acquired for not much.  

It’s just that sometimes with Brown if he gets hurt it’s like we didn’t have a right tackle. I’d rather have somebody that less talented and more available

26 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It’s just that sometimes with Brown if he gets hurt it’s like we didn’t have a right tackle. I’d rather have somebody that less talented and more available

brown and daryl williams, then we have good and williams who can play guard ajd tackle. 

or give duano brown 1 yr. 

OT - Nate Solder - probably cheap at this stage in his career, compete with Good for RT

OC - JC Tretter - major upgrade over James, who could then compete at RG with Simpson and also backup both G/C at worst.

OG - Michael Schoefield - compete with Leatherwood at LG, lots of starting experience so good depth if Leatherwood takes a year 2 leap. 

LB - Kyle Van Noy - Familiar with the system, maybe a bounce back season with a change of scenery. 

S -  Jayron Kearse - versatile SS/FS who has had some solid years in Dallas, and an upgrade from Abram who will likely be gone after 2022 or potentially traded with this signing

CB - Stephon Gilmore - still hearing we’re close but offering 2 year instead of 3 year he’s seeking.. Would be the #1 CB we need and creates competition for #2 between Mullen, Ya-Sin and Everett..

We’d probably need a Carr extension to happen and lower his cap figure and free up some space for 2022 some to get Gilmore, Tretter and Kearse but the rest of the moves would probably be very minimal deals in the 3-5 mil range that can be structured as 2-3 year deals with low 2022 cap hits. 

1 hour ago, JarrodR86 said:

OT - Nate Solder - probably cheap at this stage in his career, compete with Good for RT

OG - Michael Schoefield - compete with Leatherwood at LG, lots of starting experience so good depth if Leatherwood takes a year 2 leap. 

When I see Schofield’s name all I can think of is the 5 sack game Mack had in 2015.  Schofield was actually a decent prospect (3rd round out of Michigan) but after that game he was ruined lol.  I heard he’s rebounded the last few years but I don’t see him as being anything more then depth at this point.

I think Daryl Williams, who was cut by Buffalo, would be the best available RT FA.  He’d a pretty durable player and above average pass blocker.

Id prefer not to sign an aging player with recent injury issues like Bryan Bulaga or Reiff Riley.

Eric Fisher moving to RT is an intriguing option.  honestly, I hated TB after his first year. I was the one who called for his release first and the most, but at this point I’d take him back if the OL coach thought he could be good for us.  Duane Brown is an option, despite his age being 36, but I think he’s about to sign with Carolina because there desperate for a LT.  Billy Turner is a decent option although I think he’s a better G then RT.  I’d like to sign Dennis Kelly if he can be had for cheap to be a backup RT. 

No one’s really talking about it but according to Sanjit on YouTube, we’re resigning Brandon Parker.  I pray,,,, pray that it’s a >2.0m Deal to be a backup.  We can’t think he’s going to block Bosa/Mack and Chub/Randy Gregory (which honestly I’m not super scared of).

1 hour ago, JarrodR86 said:

OC - JC Tretter - major upgrade over James, who could then compete at RG with Simpson and also backup both G/C at worst.

I don’t think we sign someone to replace James in the starting line-up.  Carr is familiar with James and trusts his line calls. It’d take a pretty big talent for us to change up.  James was horrible early in the year but did end with a nice streak of solid games.  I think he could continue to develop and get even better.  He’s not going to be a top 5 C, but he’s more then serviceable.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hell. No. To. Trent. Brown.

I was with you…. I hated TB but we’re kinda getting desperate here.  And there’s always that hope, which is probably false hope, that the OL coach could get the most out of him. Heck, he got 9 whole games out of Trent last year,,, thats nearly double what we got for the 21.5m or whatever we paid in  ‘20.  There’s a lot of bad things I can say about TB, but he ain’t Brandon Parker!

Honestly, we just need to get someone average like Daryl Williams or Eric Fisher.  Even Brandon Shell wouldn’t be a horrible move.  

10 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Yeah I figured it was something like that! I think that the hang up from other signings is them waiting for a Carr extension, that is if there really are other signings on deck. 

I think Carr gets an extension at some point but I don’t think it’s right now. Follow me…

we got 17.8m minus Averett+Nichols deals… so prolly 9-11M?  But we have 18-19M coming once 6/1 hits and Littleton and Nassib’s deals are off the books.  You can’t use that money to sign players now.  So if we’re trying to sign some more FAs it would make sense to use that 9-11M and then use the 6/1 money on Carr.  You can agree to a deal with Carr and hold off pushing the paperwork in and announcing it.  You really can’t do that with FA signings, players will be too afraid the offer will be rescinded for various reasons, and deservingly so.

Plus, a deal the magnitude of Carr’s extension can be done quickly, but shouldn’t be rushed if it can wait.  Plus, I don’t see how Carr signing an extension reduces his ‘22 cap hit.  If anything it goes up substantially.