2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Some interesting names still on the market.

OT: Daryl Williams, Billy Turner, Eric Fisher, Marcus Cannon, Brandon Shell

OG: Trai Turner, Quinton Spain, Ereck Flowers

DL: Trey Flowers, Calais Campbell, Sheldon Richardson, Akiem Hicks, Larry Ogunjobi, Star Lotulelei 

LB: Don't Hightower, Kyle Van Not, Jamie Collins, Anthony Barr, Kyzir White

DB: Tyrann Mathieu, Stephon Gilmore

RT: The only one I would touch in the RT market is Daryl Williams and maybe Eric Fisher(but even then that’s only based on what he’s done in the past)

OG: I think those guys will all want more than what I think the guard is worth. I honestly feel good about going back out there with Denzel good and Leatherwood at those spots if we don’t draft one in the third

LB: Micah Kiser isn’t a bad option who were bringing in today. maybe Vannoy if he comes for cheap. That said I don’t think that Diablo or Perryman can’t play in this defense. So I think what we have at this position already is actually underrated

DB: tyron Matthew would put an exclamation On FA for me. If not I’ve been pretty vocal already about Jabrill peppers who started out strong safety for Patrick Graham already and was a captain in the last two years. Stephane Gilmore is more of a luxury at this point

We’re still soft at DT and OL, if we’re going to do anything this year we need to solidify the trenches. 

i hope we’re not banking on Leatherwood at RT, at the very least we need quality depth as insurance. Also don’t want to see Simpson see significant snaps. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

RT: The only one I would touch in the RT market is Daryl Williams and maybe Eric Fisher(but even then that’s only based on what he’s done in the past)

OG: I think those guys will all want more than what I think the guard is worth. I honestly feel good about going back out there with Denzel good and Leatherwood at those spots if we don’t draft one in the third

LB: Micah Kiser isn’t a bad option who were bringing in today. maybe Vannoy if he comes for cheap. That said I don’t think that Diablo or Perryman can’t play in this defense. So I think what we have at this position already is actually underrated

DB: tyron Matthew would put an exclamation On FA for me. If not I’ve been pretty vocal already about Jabrill peppers who started out strong safety for Patrick Graham already and was a captain in the last two years. Stephane Gilmore is more of a luxury at this point

Daryl Williams is my first choice but I wouldn't mind bringing in a stop gap player like Billy Turner. 

Guard is interesting because it really just depends on how we view the guys we currently have. 

We have literally nothing at LB after those two, we need some depth. I like KVN and Kyzir White.

Mathieu would be an excellent addition to the backend of our defense, I agree on Gilmore.

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Thought on the Oline, maybe they think Cable is as worthless as we all did and they can coach this group up. I'm sure we will see some additions on that unit, but Cable not being scooped up on another staff is telling of his perception around the league. 

I can not speak about Cable's ability to coach or if our new coach is better.  What Cable screwed up on was thinking he could just move these guys to places they never played and be successful.  I do not fill comfortable with RT.  We have Miller who would be the best RT but will not move from the left, Good who is a serviceable RT but coming off an ACL, Parker who sucks on the right side, and Leatherwood who is even worse than Parker.  

Problem was not coaching but rather not having an actual RT.

Edited by drfrey13

On 3/17/2022 at 11:53 PM, BigD1123 said:

I really hope he is one of those guys that can ball well into his mid 30s

When you think about it and watch him play, you're struck by his route running, savvy and great hands not his unbelievable athleticism so assuming he remains largely injury free I think he could play at a high level into his mid thirties. We should get 3 high quality years from him at least and I don't see him falling off like some guys who maybe rely on explosiveness or speed more. His contract is basically a three year deal so he should be at his peak or near for the duration you would hope.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

When you think about it and watch him play, you're struck by his route running, savvy and great hands not his unbelievable athleticism so assuming he remains largely injury free I think he could play at a high level into his mid thirties. We should get 3 high quality years from him at least and I don't see him falling off like some guys who maybe rely on explosiveness or speed more. His contract is basically a three year deal so he should be at his peak or near for the duration you would hope.

Well said. Rice and Brown both had long careers because they won with precession route running. Adams is also thick and can play physical. Traits that age well. 

• Like 1