2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sad to have lost morrow especially. 

That’s called Morrow Sorrow, jk, too easy.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Fine depth move. It will get trashed I'm sure.

I don’t think you can really bash the move unless we overpaid him.  A guy like Kizer is dime A dozen, we shouldn’t be paying him 1y, 2.25m or anything.  But if it’s the minimum for his accured seasons and a >500k SB, etc I don’t see how one could rip the move.  

On 3/19/2022 at 4:41 AM, jimkelly02 said:

I was thinking that too.  Ugh remember when we had the 2019 UDFA class of Andre James, Alex Ingold, AJ Cole, Keisean Nixon, K.Doss, Cotton, Tevon Coney, and a few other guys  were draftable but didn’t get picked.

Then In 2020, a year in which we didn’t have a pick after Amik Robertson at 139 and 7 picks in total so it wasn’t like we had more than a normal draft, we go out and toss almost all the bonus money the team has to distribute on UDFAs on Bowers… so disappointing.  There was some good UDFAs Out there too!  I called signing Eberle the K from Utah State and we did that at least.  I Was just hoping we could give Carlson competition and then Eddie Pinero him to another desperate team.  At least Javin White was an underrated find too.  But I still can’t believe we didn’t get better players to try and develop.  It wasn’t that we didn’t get the top guys…. It was we signed guys that were sooo bad.  Even after all the signings there were still guys available that were significantly better.  Mayock basically gave all the money to bowers and told an intern to sign whoever he wanted cuz mike Was tired and going home, lol.  What made it Even worse was that year they were expanding the practice squad so it was a perfect opportunity to fill out the PS roster with talented young guys.

I Think people under rate the significance of UDFAs.  Look at that ‘19 Class!  It’s noT always an immediate impact but you can develop guys for years 2-3.  There are plenty of UDFAs that easily could have been 4th, 5th round picks but for whatever reason didn’t get picked.  If your smart you can basically pick up the equivalent of a handful of day 3 Picks for free.  Plus, having a good Practice squad with the new rules about allowing 2 guys to dress very week is more important then ever!

Good post, I agree. Funnily enough I was literally just thinking 'I wonder what happened to that undrafted TE we signed that @jimkelly02 was getting mad over' 😁😁

6 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

RT: The only one I would touch in the RT market is Daryl Williams and maybe Eric Fisher(but even then that’s only based on what he’s done in the past)

OG: I think those guys will all want more than what I think the guard is worth. I honestly feel good about going back out there with Denzel good and Leatherwood at those spots if we don’t draft one in the third

LB: Micah Kiser isn’t a bad option who were bringing in today. maybe Vannoy if he comes for cheap. That said I don’t think that Diablo or Perryman can’t play in this defense. So I think what we have at this position already is actually underrated

DB: tyron Matthew would put an exclamation On FA for me. If not I’ve been pretty vocal already about Jabrill peppers who started out strong safety for Patrick Graham already and was a captain in the last two years. Stephane Gilmore is more of a luxury at this point

I’d be very happy with D.Williams or even Eric Fisher to be our RT.  I think that’s need #1.

I’m completely context going into the season with Good and Leatherwood starting with Simpson and Bars, or better yet a 3rd or 5th round G If we have the opportunity to draft Darrian Kinnard, Tyler Smith or Sean Rhyan in round 3 or Ed Ingram, Lectis Smith, Cade Mays in round 5.  Ideally I want a LB in round 3 tho if a good one is there.  It’d take a G only if we think can be a good starter year 2.  I don’t see Good being around next season.

I think LB Is a position you keep your eye out for deals and jump on them when they happen.  It’s the RB of the Defense, there’s always more supply then demand.  But we don’t want to go too cheap and pay for it.  But it’d be nice if we could spend a 3rd on a future starter like Muma, D.Clark, Chenal, Asamoah, T.Anderson, or Brandon Smith.

I’d love to have Graham but only for a good deal.  I wouldn’t overpay.  If it’s not a deal I’d rather get Tyrann Mathieu.  We could pls put 2 high safety looks with him and moehrig and even drop him into the slot on occasion.  Very versatile.  When we need power we go with Abrams at SS.  Peppers wouldn’t be a mad idea either.  But I don’t like him in 2 high.  He’d have to be cheap for me to like the idea.  There ain’t they much out there at S besides that and J. Kearse, unless I missed someone.

• Like 1