2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Here is a list of pending UFAs, who has a scheme knowledge, fit or coach connection with our new staff:

QB we need a back up
-Bryan Hoyer 
-Mitchell Trubisky 

RB we need a 3rd complimentary back
-Jalen Richard
-Brandon Bolden

WR depth 
-Zay Jones
-Damiere Byrd

OL we need starting potential 
-Ted Karras
-James Daniels
-Ike Boettger

DL we need starters and depth
-Johnathan Hankins
-Austin Johnson
-Josh Tupou
-John Jenkins
-Danny Shelton
-B.J. Hill 
-Larry Ogunjobi 
-Bilal Nichols

LB starter or depth
-Nicholas Morrow
-Elandon Roberts
-Reggie Ragland
-Ja’whaun Bentley

CB we need at least 1 starer on the outside
-J.C. Jackson
-Jason McCourty

S we need a versatile guy next to Moehrig and then some dept potentially
-Devin McCourty

Edited by Rolni

13 hours ago, Jerry said:

This man is sipping the Kool-Aid.  I need to get on your level.  I'm sure my hopes will slowly shoot to the moon, but right now I'm trying to be realistic.  The OL needs 3 new starters.  We're down a #1 WR.  I personally don't know how long Kenyan Drake's injury is going to last.  Our LB corps is an unknown commodity.  We need DBs (always need more DBs).  Need to figure out the DT position as well.  Just a lot going on at a lot of different positions.  Not much continuity anywhere.  A lot of FAs too.

whats that have to do with my post? haha

im saying why we worried about yannivk and yannick who came off good years when we got other issues

Quick fix for the OL:

Bring in Ted Karras to be the OC Keep James behind him, so if the LG battle is a disaster, but James looks capable, then we can kick Karras to LG

Bring in James Daniels to be the RG

Put Leatherwood over to LG and let him battle with Simpson

Put Good back at RT to be a stop gap in front of a day 2 draft pick

Let Miller alone :) 

Keep James behind Karras, so if the LG battle is a disaster, but James looks capable, then we can kick Karras to LG

7 hours ago, roi34 said:

whats that have to do with my post? haha

im saying why we worried about yannivk and yannick who came off good years when we got other issues

Yeah you're right.  I was being a little pessimistic.  Yannick will most likely do well in our new DC's system.  

• Like 1

Went through the Athletic's top 75 FA list.

Here are some realistic, not too expensive options, whom weren't on my last scheme/coach/connection driven list:

41. Alex Cappa, OG, TB

50. Morgan Moses, OT, NYJ

51. Quandre Diggs, S, SEA

52. Andrew Norwell, OG, JAX

55. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, WR, GB

60. Folorunso Fatukasi, DL, NYJ

65. Jayron Kearse, S, DAL

71. Justin Reid, S, HOU

72. Jordan Whitehead, S, TB

73. Terrell Edmunds, S, PIT

74. Marcus Maybe, S, NYJ

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I hope we look to keep Philon, Solomon, Jefferson. I like those guys 

I don't see that happening. Maybe one of them for a nickel rusher role.

They are way too small and short for this scheme. I know that Graham will tailor the scheme around his players, but still. We will want some bigger, stronger guys on the interior, who van double gap. These guys are stricktly one gap players IMO. All of them are UFAs and there will be plenty of higher guys out there on the same market, so Graham can get better fits for similar money...

17 hours ago, massraider said:

Graham has made it crystal clear that he's not married to a scheme. 

He's not but he'll want to use multiple fronts, having Yannick and Crosby might make that difficult, and we'll probably want to have very versatile LBs. 

I'm looking at it as, long term Vs short, both could be valuable to other teams, probably won't play as much this upcoming year and probably won't resign them

5 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

He's not but he'll want to use multiple fronts, having Yannick and Crosby might make that difficult, and we'll probably want to have very versatile LBs. 

I'm looking at it as, long term Vs short, both could be valuable to other teams, probably won't play as much this upcoming year and probably won't resign them

I really hope you’re wrong. It would be madness for us not extending Crosby after the mess we made of the Khalil Mack situation.