2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

why not? he can play every position on the line anyways 

He's only 28, has familiarity with the scheme/Graham from their days together in New England, and was regarded as one of the best FA just a few years ago when he got that $90M contract from the Lions. He was good with them his first year (7 sacks) but just hasn't been able to stay healthy the last two years. If we can get him cheap he's definitely worth a shot, imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He's only 28, has familiarity with the scheme/Graham from their days together in New England, and was regarded as one of the best FA just a few years ago when he got that $90M contract from the Lions. He was good with them his first year (7 sacks) but just hasn't been able to stay healthy the last two years. If we can get him cheap he's definitely worth a shot, imo.

The one I have my eye on if we can't get the badger is Jabrill peppers(I think theyre just waiting until hes fully recovered while his market value continues to lower)

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Isn't he pretty similar to Abram?

that's the common perception for some reason, but let me put it this way: would he have been a captain the last two years and Patrick Graham's defense if he was like Abram. Hes actually considered by a lot of people to be one of the best man coverage strong safeties in the NFL.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/safety-jabrill-peppers-the-good-the-great-and-the-ugly

i think we prob put a deal out for both gilmore and tyrann but are firm on not overpaying for either i’m guessing their plan is probably try and land tyrann but if he doesn’t accept then we’ll just roll with gillespie and mayb try gilmore ? i’m seeing now that chiefs have more money they’re snooping around on gil would be smart for them to get gilmore and a rookie cb round 1 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

that's the common perception for some reason, but let me put it this way: would he have been a captain the last two years and Patrick Graham's defense if he was like Abram. Hes actually considered by a lot of people to be one of the best man coverage strong safeties in the NFL.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/safety-jabrill-peppers-the-good-the-great-and-the-ugly

Yup Pepper was coming into his own injuries set him back but if healthy he's a big upgrade to anything we've had in awhile.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we'll benefit more from a good safety to go with Moehrig than Gilmore personally. I actually like our corner group rn. Mullen, Averett, Ya-Sin, and Hobbs are 4 capable players. No stars but no clear weak guys who you can just pick on either.

Agree but I'll take both if we can get them.

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yup Pepper was coming into his own injuries set him back but if healthy he's a big upgrade to anything we've had in awhile.

Extra note Peppers graded above 60 every year except last before injury he had a 58 grade for 2021. Abrams hasn't graded above 40.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Chiefs signed MVS. 

MVS, JuJu, Kelce, Harriman, Pringle, potentially another WR taken early....

Yeah, they're going to be just fine. 

All that speed? They make replacing the fastest player in the game look easy lol.

I can see Mahomes just throwing it to the patches of grass where nobody is and then getting mad nobody was able to catch it like tyreek used to  or why hardman and mvs cant outrun the whole defense on a shallow crosser with a minute left

Edited by Jeremy408