2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

couple moves we need to make ASAP:

• cut Elu - and sign Ereck Flowers- Elu had his shot but was trash. Simpson is a backup. Flowers be instant starter at LG. We need Parham at RG and develop him. Cotton is fine as a backup 
  • cut Vickers- sign Sheldon Richardson- we could use another impact DL. Vickers is a fringe NFL player, we need more impact 
  • cut Matthew Butler- sign Blake Martinez- put Butler on PS, Martinez is a solid vet and adds depth 

I think the Patriots Tackle could help out the RT spot. A little surprised we haven't signed a CB, with only 4 CBS on the roster 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

couple moves we need to make ASAP:

• cut Elu - and sign Ereck Flowers- Elu had his shot but was trash. Simpson is a backup. Flowers be instant starter at LG. We need Parham at RG and develop him. Cotton is fine as a backup 
  • cut Vickers- sign Sheldon Richardson- we could use another impact DL. Vickers is a fringe NFL player, we need more impact 
  • cut Matthew Butler- sign Blake Martinez- put Butler on PS, Martinez is a solid vet and adds depth 

I think the Patriots Tackle could help out the RT spot. A little surprised we haven't signed a CB, with only 4 CBS on the roster 

All short term moves that have no eye toward the future. No way we should cut Matthew Butler in year 1 and give up on him for a run stopping LB that excels at making tackles 5 yards down the field. Horribly shortsighted strategy. 

We have holes but can win as is. I’m in the continuity and allowing the current roster to gel camp. I can’t believe the vast majority of the board are panicking after 2 games. We will continue to get better and be in the playoff hunt provided we can stay relatively healthy. Stay the course!

18 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

All short term moves that have no eye toward the future. No way we should cut Matthew Butler in year 1 and give up on him for a run stopping LB that excels at making tackles 5 yards down the field. Horribly shortsighted strategy. 

We have holes but can win as is. I’m in the continuity and allowing the current roster to gel camp. I can’t believe the vast majority of the board are panicking after 2 games. We will continue to get better and be in the playoff hunt provided we can stay relatively healthy. Stay the course!

exactly trying to win now. A 5th round rookie isn't going to change the long term future. there isn't no ceiling for Elu, Vickers... Butler might be a rotation player one day. O well, I'm trying to win now. Not selling any long term assets with these moves. Flowers only 27, he might stick around for a few years 

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

exactly trying to win now. A 5th round rookie isn't going to change the long term future. there isn't no ceiling for Elu, Vickers... Butler might be a rotation player one day. O well, I'm trying to win now. Not selling any long term assets with these moves. Flowers only 27, he might stick around for a few years 

This team is not built to win now. If that wasn't obvious coming into the season, then I can't help you. This team is suffering from a lot of terrible draft picks and FA signings by the former FO. 

Cutting a talent like Butler, do you even think? Guys would be scooped up immediately by another team on waivers. 

Lastly, stop beating a dead horse about Ereck Flowers. Clearly something is up with him given he's not on a roster and a lot of teams are desperate for Oline help. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We are getting absolutely zero push from our interior DL. We need to help Maxx and Jones out by signing the likes of Suh or something. Enough is enough.

Agree. If they are serious about making a playoff push, they need to make a move to help the pass rush. And could use some help at safety. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree. If they are serious about making a playoff push, they need to make a move to help the pass rush. And could use some help at safety. 

Agreed but I think a force in the middle will have a trickle down effect and help the secondary.  That is where it all starts and we have ignored it for far to long.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Agreed but I think a force in the middle will have a trickle down effect and help the secondary.  That is where it all starts and we have ignored it for far to long.

Little of both. The coverage is pretty lousy. When the Dline gets home, there is always someone open. Felt like they had good pressure on Mills all day and he was able to find a guy every time running free. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Little of both. The coverage is pretty lousy. When the Dline gets home, there is always someone open. Felt like they had good pressure on Mills all day and he was able to find a guy every time running free. 

I also think missing Hobbs and Averrett first game back plays a big part.  Still want to know what happened on the 3rd and 9 in the red zone where the WR was running free.  Both red zone scores on 3rd and long where unacceptable.  2 plays and the Texans put up 12 points and we still have a defensive TD.  Net score for the defense is then 5 points.  Good outcome against a bad team.  From what I have read Graham just needs to simplify the defense to get rid of the majority of the problems.  The offense has and the run game has taken off.  As soon as they get the basics down then start to throw in some creativity.