2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

18 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

I'd prefer the strategy of reclamation projects on prove it deals, i'm sort of in full rebuild mode now. We aren't close to being a contender and I don't just want to be a team scraping into the playoffs 

Will Fuller, Steven Nelson, and Marcus Maye are all guys that fit the bill. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Maye will do well to play next season I think. 

The torn Achilles in November definitely makes him a risky signing and he also got in trouble for a DUI earlier in the season. But there's a reason that he was viewed as one of the top FA last year and why the Jets tagged him/paid him $10M this year. Both Maye and Fuller come with risks but they're two prime candidates for 1 year deals as guys in their prime who will look to ball out and get paid. And both guys have showed elite level ability when they're healthy. 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ideally Good is healthy and Leatherwood can live up to his draft status and be at least an average level starting guard. Sign a proven veteran at RT like Morgan Moses to a 2 year deal and then draft a versatile OL that can play across the line like Tyler Smith, bring back Parker as a backup swing OT. 

Miller - Leatherwood - James - Good - Moses

I love the Starting five lineup, I have the same projected lineup.  
I’d prefer to move on from Parker. He’s just not good enough In pass pro.  Really he’s only a back up right tackle And not A swing tackle because he can’t play left tackle.  It’s just time to move on from him in my opinion.  I’d like to draft a right tackle in guard.  Good it’s probably only on the team one more year maybe two at best.  This is an ideal time find a developmental prospect in the middle rounds and have them hopefully starting in 2023.  

24 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I love the Starting five lineup, I have the same projected lineup.  
I’d prefer to move on from Parker. He’s just not good enough In pass pro.  Really he’s only a back up right tackle And not A swing tackle because he can’t play left tackle.  It’s just time to move on from him in my opinion.  I’d like to draft a right tackle in guard.  Good it’s probably only on the team one more year maybe two at best.  This is an ideal time find a developmental prospect in the middle rounds and have them hopefully starting in 2023.  

Hasn't the biggest knock on Parker been that he's more of a LT than a RT? If Good is healthy he can play RT in an emergency situation, ideally Leatherwood could play RT too but I'm not going to hold my breath. Tyler Smith out of Tulsa is my favorite mid-round OL prospect, played LT but projects as an OG.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hasn't the biggest knock on Parker been that he's more of a LT than a RT? If Good is healthy he can play RT in an emergency situation, ideally Leatherwood could play RT too but I'm not going to hold my breath. Tyler Smith out of Tulsa is my favorite mid-round OL prospect, played LT but projects as an OG.

I love guys Who play with violence and hatred.  What happened to the days of actually hating the opponent on the field.  I’ve liked Smith for a while now too.  I think he goes by mid 3rd .  He’s the classic prospect that’s a Pre-draft fan favorite of every team’s Fans Yet the consensus is he is a fourth or fifth round pick…. But ends up going Much earlier.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:58 AM, jimkelly02 said:

I love guys Who play with violence and hatred.  What happened to the days of actually hating the opponent on the field.  I’ve liked Smith for a while now too.  I think he goes by mid 3rd .  He’s the classic prospect that’s a Pre-draft fan favorite of every team’s Fans Yet the consensus is he is a fourth or fifth round pick…. But ends up going Much earlier.

I'd take Tyler Smith in the third round.