2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

I don't think Bryan Edwards is very good, stiffer than a fencepost. WR1 is a huge need for us at a crucial position 

McDaniels offense hasn't ever really relied on a high target, #1 WR. They've moreso been focused on TE, slot WR, and running the ball.

29 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

He adapts his O to the talents, his best O ever was with Randy Moss. 

But the Patriots haven't ever really invested heavily into a #1 WR outside of Moss who they got on a steal of a trade from us. Their offense has almost always been built around smaller, quicker WR and spreading the ball out to them, their TE, and RB. Which is why they signed Jonu Smith, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne, and Nelson Agholor.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

But the Patriots haven't ever really invested heavily into a #1 WR outside of Moss who they got on a steal of a trade from us. Their offense has almost always been built around smaller, quicker WR and spreading the ball out to them, their TE, and RB. Which is why they signed Jonu Smith, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne, and Nelson Agholor.

Drafted Harry in first a few years ago, i am confident he will invest in upgrading the receiver core

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Drafted Harry in first a few years ago, i am confident he will invest in upgrading the receiver core

They drafted one 1st round WR over a 20 year period and spent big on multiple WR/TE in free agency last year with Bourne, Nelly, Henry, and Smith. 

Edited by NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They drafted one 1st round WR over a 20 year period and spent big on multiple WR/TE in free agency last year with Bourne, Nelly, Henry, and Smith. 

8 WRs in 13 years drafted in first 4 rounds, they don't ignore the position in the draft 

Edited by Jraider91

Just now, Jraider91 said:

8 WRs in 16 years drafted in first 4 rounds, they don't ignore the position in the draft 

They don't but they also took a much different approach going after multiple veteran FA pass catchers last off-season. I don't expect we'll go after a superstar target hog, but I think that guys like Kirk, Gallup, and JuJu all fit the mold of the WR's McDaniels has had success with.

Assuming Bradley is out. There are 8 players he brought along for his scheme. Going to be some holes and turnover on defense. And the Raiders have a lot of FAs there. 

Not much meat on the Pats pending free agent bone to chew on. 

Defense is again going to be a question mark going into the offseason. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Assuming Bradley is out. There are 8 players he brought along for his scheme. Going to be some holes and turnover on defense. And the Raiders have a lot of FAs there. 

Yup. Hayward, Philon, Thomas, Jefferson, Trufant, Teamer, Faycson, Hankins, Wright, and Square are all free agents. Yannick, Mullen, Abram, Perryman, Nassib, Kwit, and Littleton are all going into the last year of their deals with the last 3 all being candidates to be post June 1st cuts. 

Edited by NYRaider

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

PFF projects that he'll likely get around $12M APY. He's only 25 years old too. 

Would love Kirk at 3 yr/$35M and MSV at 3 yr/$24M.

$12 million a year for Christian Kirk?? $8 million for MSV?? Neither guy is very good nor produced much in more prolific offenses. I’m good and hopefully so is Ziegler. 

• Like 1

I'm no cap space genius, but I don't think that we can or will afford to spend big money in 2 OL, 2 WR, resign or rebuild the IDL and the secondary.

I think we will at least have to cut the idea of getting 2 OL and 2 WR. 

Draft one and sign one in FA is for both position group enough to be in a good shape for the next season.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Need to retain the good ones. It’s a must.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They don't but they also took a much different approach going after multiple veteran FA pass catchers last off-season. I don't expect we'll go after a superstar target hog, but I think that guys like Kirk, Gallup, and JuJu all fit the mold of the WR's McDaniels has had success with.

Last years approach was Ziegler.  The previous history can't really be looked at because that was BB and he realized he had to change.

8 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I'm no cap space genius, but I don't think that we can or will afford to spend big money in 2 OL, 2 WR, resign or rebuild the IDL and the secondary.

I think we will at least have to cut the idea of getting 2 OL and 2 WR. 

Draft one and sign one in FA is for both position group enough to be in a good shape for the next season.

Extending Carr will be important for creating cap space. But, you're right, as it stands, having just over $21 million is not enough for what everyone wants to do in this thread. My preference is to sign two starting defensive lineman at $5-$8 million per year, a starting corner at $5-$8 million per year, a receiver at $8-$10 million per year, and a starting right tackle at $5-$10 million per year. Ultimately, I think the Raiders need around $40 million.

21 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Extending Carr will be important for creating cap space. But, you're right, as it stands, having just over $21 million is not enough for what everyone wants to do in this thread. My preference is to sign two starting defensive lineman at $5-$8 million per year, a starting corner at $5-$8 million per year, a receiver at $8-$10 million per year, and a starting right tackle at $5-$10 million per year. Ultimately, I think the Raiders need around $40 million.

We still have to extend our top young talent (Crosby, Renfrow, etc.), sign our incoming draft class, make decisions on all of our other pending FA’s, and fill the rest of the roster out. $40 million isn’t going to be enough to do all that.