2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

We still have to extend our top young talent (Crosby, Renfrow, etc.), sign our incoming draft class, make decisions on all of our other pending FA’s, and fill the rest of the roster out. $40 million isn’t going to be enough to do all that. 

Extensions don't cost anything in the current term.

13 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

$12 million a year for Christian Kirk?? $8 million for MSV?? Neither guy is very good nor produced much in more prolific offenses. I’m good and hopefully so is Ziegler. 

Nelson Agholor just got paid $13M APY after one good season. Kirk just had a 1,000 yard season for the Cardinals this year and is only 25 years old. Everyone on here acted like Ruggs was some elite, unstoppable player but MSV is bigger, has been more productive, and offers the same skill-set. 

3 hours ago, true2form said:

Last years approach was Ziegler.  The previous history can't really be looked at because that was BB and he realized he had to change.

And what did they do last year? They didn't go after a high priced, target hog WR. They signed Nelly (2 yr/$22M), Bourne (3 yr/$15M), Henry (3 yr/$38M), and Smith (4 yr/$50M). 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't see us pursuing Godwin, Robinson, or Adams. I think it's more likely we target guys like Kirk, Gallup, MSV, Lazard, JuJu, Fuller, Wilson, and/or Meyers. 

JuJu would be my favorite of the group you mentioned. I think he would thrive in JMD’s offense. 

They'll want a smart WR outside.  They run option routes outside. They have to make reads every play and be on the same page as Carr. 

We don't need a super star Outside WR either, just an upgrade on what we had this year.  I think Zay Jones will be okay. He's hard working. 

Brandon Cooks and Will Fuller are two I can see coming. 

2 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

They'll want a smart WR outside.  They run option routes outside. They have to make reads every play and be on the same page as Carr. 

We don't need a super star Outside WR either, just an upgrade on what we had this year.  I think Zay Jones will be okay. He's hard working. 

Brandon Cooks and Will Fuller are two I can see coming. 

Brandin Cooks isn't a free agent, we'd have to trade for him. Calvin Ridley reportedly wants out of Atlanta and it has been suggested that the price would likely be a conditional 2nd round pick that could become a 1st depending on playing time. He only has an $11M cap hit next year too.